Saddle bags /panniers

Captain Black

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend what type to buy for my Fat Bob. It's got the rails on for I assume leather saddle bags, but what options do I have ?
Was hoping to get some secondhand but not sure how easy they are to get hold of. Are all the panniers/saddle bags interchangeable between models or very specific ?

I think like most things HD they will be quoted as bike specific, if you go to the Jersey HD website they have downloadable parts catalogues you should be able to find the part you want and then watch out for it on Ebay. I have seen the leather ones come through quite often but can be expensive. If you do buy secondhand set watch out for the bag sag most of the lids start to collapse in with age, you can get a kit though which stiffens them back out to the original shape. Hope that might be of a little help.

I think like most things HD they will be quoted as bike specific, if you go to the Jersey HD website they have downloadable parts catalogues you should be able to find the part you want and then watch out for it on Ebay. I have seen the leather ones come through quite often but can be expensive. If you do buy secondhand set watch out for the bag sag most of the lids start to collapse in with age, you can get a kit though which stiffens them back out to the original shape. Hope that might be of a little help.

Thanks i will take a look. Most things HD seem daft money so I will hold out for secondhand I think. No rush anyway don't get bike until Friday.

You can pick up bargains in the winter months,I have a pair of 100th anniversary (2003) Dyna leather bags on my 2007 street bob which I picked up on ebay for £35 a few years ago.
The spacing of the mounting holes are the same on the later Dyna's you just need some longer bolts and four spacers so that the backs of the panniers dont touch the side rails.

You can pick up bargains in the winter months,I have a pair of 100th anniversary (2003) Dyna leather bags on my 2007 street bob which I picked up on ebay for £35 a few years ago.
The spacing of the mounting holes are the same on the later Dyna's you just need some longer bolts and four spacers so that the backs of the panniers dont touch the side rails.

I shall take your advice scooter boy. Thanks :thumb2

so you buy a very nearly new bike for a large amount of money and try and save a few quid on used parts... ?

whatever

Why would I buy new at Harley daft prices if I can find a nice set elsewhere ?
I'm not a must have new stuff person really. I'm pretty sure when the bike was chopped in for something else it had the panniers, but the dealers take the feckers off so you buy new off them.
I'll see how it goes I'm not in a rush. Happy to use a Ruck for the time being, plus its got a rack anyway.

I have some hard National cycle panniers available, though you would have to buy fames a mine are off a softail. They are gloss black but can be painted. I am in Cheshire if you want to have a look.

http://www.customcruisers.com/Custom2005/customshop2005/contents/en-uk/d637.html

As you can see they are quite expensive. Been in the loft for quite some time so would be open to a reasonable offer.

Last edited:
I have some hard National cycle panniers available, though you would have to buy fames a mine are off a softail. They are gloss black but can be painted. I am in Cheshire if you want to have a look.

http://www.customcruisers.com/Custom2005/customshop2005/contents/en-uk/d637.html

As you can see they are quite expensive. Been in the loft for quite some time so would be open to a reasonable offer.

Not sure if I want hard panniers but maybe worth taking a look at them. The bike ( fat bob SE 2010) has got chrome rails on but I'm guessing they are for Harley soft bags. Maybe have a think and come and see them when I've got the bike. Thanks Thor :thumb2

Degsey recently had a set of HD leather panniers for sale. Think he wanted £100 for them.

Back
Top Bottom