S10 LET ME DOWN IN FRANCE.....

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
...........on my recent trip to Greece.

On the last day, staying in Djon and just about to set off on a blast to the Calais ferry. Went to start the bike and noticed I had a flat rear tyre.:blast

The bikes only 8 weeks old and has only covered 5200 miles. So much for Yamaha reliability:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah:nenau

Otherwise it was perfect:thumb2

Mike

Mike. I believe under the Sale of Goods Act you can return it as its not fit for purpose :augie

If you'd done the cluch mod you would have got there before the puncture

If you had the ECU Unleashed Flash you would have got there and back :thumb (Or wore the tyre down long before 5000 miles)

Same thing happened to me in Ireland, was fixed in about 15 mins with some rat tails and a slime compressor.
This fix lasted until the tyre wore out, about another 5k :thumb2
I never leave home with them now.

Same thing happened to me in Ireland, was fixed in about 15 mins with some rat tails and a slime compressor.
This fix lasted until the tyre wore out, about another 5k :thumb2
I never leave home with them now.

:rob:rob:rob:rob

I had a 'Stop and Go' puncture repair kit (plug type) with me but couldn't find the hole!!!:eek:, so had to resort to a tin of sealant. No sign of leakage to indicate where the puncture was:nenau Note to self.....always carry plugs AND a tin of sealant.

Got me 690 miles home, but have now had the tyre replaced at F & B at Sandbach and Steve couldn't find the puncture with a quick look:confused:. To satisfy my curiosity (and his) he's going to investigate further and let me know.

Mike

Yes I did check the valve!!!!

...........on my recent trip to Greece.

On the last day, staying in Djon and just about to set off on a blast to the Calais ferry. Went to start the bike and noticed I had a flat rear tyre.:blast

The bikes only 8 weeks old and has only covered 5200 miles. So much for Yamaha reliability:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah:nenau

Otherwise it was perfect:thumb2

Mike

I'm sure some engineer in the Yamaha factory is falling on his sword as we speak !!

Maybe some little shit let your tyre down. :nenau

Thought of that one, but the tyre was still slowly losing pressure when I had it replaced. Had to put about 10lbs in it in Dover which I attributed to the ferry tie down putting extra pressure on the tyre, and about 4 pounds after I got home (330 miles from Dover).

There were also signs the previous day that something was not quite right (a bit more vibration from the back end, harder to hold a line in a bend etc which I put down to the poor road conditions) but they came on so gradually that I didn't really notice them until I had the temporary fix on the tyre and thought about the previous day's riding.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom