servo brakes

chazw

Reaction score
Is a K1200RS '04 with servo a bad buy? Heard lots of unfavourable words about servos failing, resulting in virtually no brakes.
Chaz

No idea if this helps but: I think it's the same servo ABS system as the R1150GS, which fails in that way over time - and not all bikes, some go on forever with no problem.

When they fail, removing the ABS system invariable results in a sweet set of brakes, using the same hoses as the ABS system (not the hard metal ABS pipes, but the flexi's), but without the ABS. Loses 5kg as well..

Been thinking about a K1200RS, and on the basis that the brakes will mod out to a useful set, it still feels viable to me.

As long as it does not kill you when (if) it fails?
Also, did I not read that it is not a straight forward swap on the K1200RS? ie needs old wheels etc from earlier bikes.
Chaz

In my limited experience, failure was gradual, and became a source of irritation before it got dangerous; warning lights, servo on a lot, no ABS, lots of fretting.. YMMV !

Not sure about wheels; if callipers are the same, and abs brain is bypassed, surely the presence of sensor rings makes no difference..

Back
Top Bottom