Victory motorcyles

Captain Black

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know it's not Harley but this seemed the best place to post.
I went to Willams BMW for a look today and saw possibly the most hideous motorcycle in the history of two wheel travel.
It was a Victory but not sure which model and my phone was a t home so I couldn't snap it.
It looked about 12 feet long with a sharp huge fairing in white, kinda pointed at the front like a 50s space ship.
The rear had body fitted panniers also pointed but this time in strange way pointed backwards. The light cluster was a huge "V" shape. It had other shocking styling as well but at this point I was feeling queasy looking at the fecking ugly lump.

Only Steve Zodiac could carry it off. A truly awful bike. :barf

Apart from the didgy styling they are supposed to be pretty decent bikes. A friend has a Victory Hammer that goes well enough, however, it took three months to get replacement parts when his gearbox screwed up.

I went to Willams BMW for a look today and saw possibly the most hideous motorcycle in the history of two wheel travel.
It was a Victory but not sure which model and my phone was a t home so I couldn't snap it.
It looked about 12 feet long with a sharp huge fairing in white, kinda pointed at the front like a 50s space ship.
The rear had body fitted panniers also pointed but this time in strange way pointed backwards. The light cluster was a huge "V" shape. It had other shocking styling as well but at this point I was feeling queasy looking at the fecking ugly lump.

Magnificant tourer, very nearly purchased one.....Infact, if I had not had a dog, I would most certainly have one of those:cool

I think Monsieur may mean this...

7.jpg

:D

Apart from the didgy styling they are supposed to be pretty decent bikes. A friend has a Victory Hammer that goes well enough, however, it took three months to get replacement parts when his gearbox screwed up.

Rob this thing was a shocker. I know quirky and all that can be cool but this thing was like one of those invalid bath tub things.
You really have to walk around it ( but at a safe it distance) to appreciate its shitness.

I think Monsieur may mean this...

7.jpg

:D

That's it!!! Rear view is the worse. The exhaust is made up of steel tubes at the back, loads of them in each muffler.

It's like a canal barge it's that big.

Magnificant tourer, very nearly purchased one.....Infact, if I had not had a dog, I would most certainly have one of those:cool

You could carry your truck around on the back it's that big.
Have you seen one from the back ????

I really like them......Quirky, but very well made...(Quirky beats perfection.....perfection is overated......;))

It's a Victory Vision Tour, and until now I thought I was the only person in the country who liked them :thumb

Why the fuck did the other person have to be tw@ :blast

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mD3MuL99r9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fingerless gloves and those fawn coloured socks are a far greater crime than riding a victory :comfort
and those shoes :eek:

how does it go ...........only in america :p

i quite like the bike :thumb

Well I'm waiting for the new Indian to be unveiled at Sturgis in August, the engine has been fitted in a streamliner for publicity purposes and called The spirit of Munro after Burt Munro (Worlds fastest Indian - good film). Looks tasty.

Thunder-Stroke-111--right-s.jpg

Spirit-of-Munro1.jpg

Yes Fenlander ! I'm waiting for the Indian launch,:D Hope the quality is as good as this was in 41

But talking of ugly bikes, I was in chester Motorrad last week,

A Honda Ruhne, I think thats how its spelt :blast really Fugly,(sorry I don't have a piccy (well not sorry really :rolleyes:)

Yes Fenlander ! I'm waiting for the Indian launch,:D Hope the quality is as good as this was in 41

Cor an old school moped with pedals. bit like the Fantic 50cc chopper......

Attachments

• fantic50.jpg
    fantic50.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 314
I saw one of those Victory bikes in Lincoln a couple of weeks ago.
Personally I love it.
I may head off to Windy Corner on Wednesday for a proper Butcher's/test ride.

Right then.
I believe in giving everyone and everything a chance.
So in that spirit I shall return to showroom tomorrow and have another look while sipping a cup of coffee.

Right then.
I believe in giving everyone and everything a chance.
So in that spirit I shall return to showroom tomorrow and have another look while sipping a cup of coffee.

Please, allow me to assist in your decision making. They do look even more spectacularly absurd with the addition of a top-box (mind you – most bikes do, lets be honest!). Not a little unlike the Starship Enterprise I feel.

Attachments

• victoryvisiontour.jpg
    victoryvisiontour.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 174

Back
Top Bottom