Anyone have any good goggle/glasses for riding with open face helmets.:cool:

Not mahooosive flying goggles. :Motomartin

The only cool stylish option

Ive got a set .... brilliant

Attachments

• bauch1.JPG
    bauch1.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 253
I have a pair of Davida glasses which are great BUT only with a full sized open face lid (like a Davida Jet). When i use my half hat I generally wear a nice pair of Oakleys. Worth spending on a decent pair as they need to protect from a flying stone or the like!!!

The ballistic tests on Oakley lenses are quite reassuring:thumb2

http://www.oakley.com/innovation/optical-superiority/impact-protection

Ive got a set .... brilliant

I've got sun specs for my full face, but I'm mindful of flying monsters and stones etc so they won't really cut it.
Like Davida stuff.....but like the look of yours Den a bit Capt Scott ish.
Who makes them ?

Bausch&Lomb Safety goggles (so they will protect your mice-pies).

Slight problem is they were all made in the 30s and 40s.

Goggles ????
My momo open face has a flip down shaped visor that acts like a pair of goggles ;)

Feck looking like biggles.

I used to wear the Davida glasses, and very good they were too.

Now I need specs I wear Oakley Windjackets as they have interchangeable ophthalmic lenses in black and clear :clap

I use a pair of the davida sunglasses http://davida.co.uk/type.php?id=D4Vi9A_Sunglasses

They come with clear, yellow and tinted lenses and a bag to keep them in. You just pop the lenses out and fit whichever you want, means you don't get caught out with sunglasses in the dark.

I've got a pair of these but I have to use the elastic strap cos they're too loose with the arms (and I haven't got a little head!)

Good option....or go down your local engineers suppliers and take your pick from a huge range of safety specs for a tennerr or less...all BS/EN approved....dark and clears..:thumb

Plus 1. :thumb.
Greenhams have a large range of safety specs. They even stock a polarising pair made by Bolle. Designer name on the specs for about £30.

I've looked enviously at Oakleys in the past, and am mindful of the excellent impact ratings of their lenses. Mutely some time ago had been good enough to point out the Wind Jacket model with its foam surround etc, but I wasn't happy about the interchangeable lens feature. It struck me that the lens can be as strong as strong can be, but if it's designed to pop out fairly easily to allow them to be changed, how securely held in place are the lenses? Surely the sort of impact we're trying to protect from might knock the lens out of it's frame. I tried for a while to find information on how the tests were performed, but couldn't get any hard data. Anyone know any different? If so I'd like to know.

Plus 1. :thumb.
Greenhams have a large range of safety specs. They even stock a polarising pair made by Bolle. Designer name on the specs for about £30.

I've looked enviously at Oakleys in the past, and am mindful of the excellent impact ratings of their lenses. Mutely some time ago had been good enough to point out the Wind Jacket model with its foam surround etc, but I wasn't happy about the interchangeable lens feature. It struck me that the lens can be as strong as strong can be, but if it's designed to pop out fairly easily to allow them to be changed, how securely held in place are the lenses? Surely the sort of impact we're trying to protect from might knock the lens out of it's frame. I tried for a while to find information on how the tests were performed, but couldn't get any hard data. Anyone know any different? If so I'd like to know.

The lenses in the Windjacket don't 'pop out', the bottom of the frame swings down like a lever and locks in place using the nose pads. It's called 'switchlock' technology by Oakley.

All Oakley sunglasses are designed to exceed industrial safety glass standards. They do this by having a design that distributes impacts across the whole frame of the glasses rather than attempting to use the lens only as the protection. In addition all Oakley lenses, including plano, are corrected for optical accuracy over 2,500 points on the lens. This means that your peripheral vision is still perfect in wrap around style shades. Most normal glasses are only corrected at one point on the lens. Of course it all costs money so that is why they are not cheap.

Oh yes, and Bolle are also made by the same company as Oakley. Unfortunately you haven't discovered a cheaper version of Oakley as they are manufactured in a dedicated factory in California whilst Bolle are made in China.

The lenses in the Windjacket don't 'pop out', the bottom of the frame swings down like a lever and locks in place using the nose pads. It's called 'switchlock' technology by Oakley.

All Oakley sunglasses are designed to exceed industrial safety glass standards. They do this by having a design that distributes impacts across the whole frame of the glasses rather than attempting to use the lens only as the protection. In addition all Oakley lenses, including plano, are corrected for optical accuracy over 2,500 points on the lens. This means that your peripheral vision is still perfect in wrap around style shades. Most normal glasses are only corrected at one point on the lens. Of course it all costs money so that is why they are not cheap.

Oh yes, and Bolle are also made by the same company as Oakley. Unfortunately you haven't discovered a cheaper version of Oakley as they are manufactured in a dedicated factory in California whilst Bolle are made in China.

Thanks very much for that Mutley, and please accept my apologies for the typo of your name in my previous post.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom