Romania 2014???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joybringer

Reaction score
Hmmm...this could be a hornets' nest.

I'm thinking of doing another big trip next year. I may do the US of A on me Jack Jones, or, I may plan a gangtrip to Romania. Never been to Romania. Seems like a nice spot. It's where Romans come from, innit?

Would there be any interest from you Tossers, if I thought about planning something?

Something along the lines of 2 weeks, around late August, taking in Germany, Poland, Hungary, Romania, and probably Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, and the Dalmatian Coast, and all stops in between?? Probably the better quality end of the hotel market - quite fancy a kip at Dracula's hotel in RO.

No further thoughts yet - just had this brainwave whilst removing fluff from my navel.

Well?? :D

now that sounds like a good trip already!
put me on the interested list please!:beerjug:

I have done Germany , Hungary, Poland and all the stops inbetween in two weeks and that was quite a lot of riding and only looking at roads.

To include Croatia, Romainia, etc, etc sounds like a hard slog in two weeks.

Not saying it cannot be done but ....

I would be interested in Romania but not with Croatia etc included as I would rather spend more time in Romania

I have done Germany , Hungary, Poland and all the stops inbetween in two weeks and that was quite a lot of riding and only looking at roads.

I would be interested in Romania but not with Croatia etc included as I would rather spend more time in Romania

Agreed

Best to go out via Czech & Slovakia (Bohemia is very nice), cut across the Tatra's (Mountains) across the northern tip of Hungary into RO and Transylvania

Then do a loop of RO and cut across the bottom of Hungary's Puszta and into Slovenia and back across the Tyrol/Alps

Croatia and the Dalamatian coast would be a huge slog.....................best saved for another day:thumby:

Did similar in 2005, except Bosnia. Took 3 weeks about it though.

Romania really was a shock to the system, but beautiful and just amazing.

:beerjug:

Thanks for the interest and feedback, chaps. :thumb2

I intend to research more and publish plans - or at least a good overview - in the next 2/3 weeks. I have some of my own thoughts about destinations etc., but will appreciate recommendations and suggestions for the Romanian gig.

2WH - get off that fence. You'll get splinters... :D

Hmmm....
Firmly sitting on the fence here-awaiting a better offer :augie

Hmmmm... me, too.

Though sharing a fence with a Welshman is not an everyday occurrence…..

Seriously, it may well be something I am up for. Please pencil me in, subject to time and tides, the winds of fortune etc. etc. etc.

Richard

2WH - get off that fence. You'll get splinters... :D

Just doing a JB :blagblah
I can't do 2 weeks, assuming I am still self employed by then 2 weeks is not do-able, if I am employed elsewhere 2 weeks may still not be do-able as some of my holiday entitlement will need to be spent with the family, for those reasons I'm probably out, I thought we were discussing Corsica-the return for 2014 anyway :confused:

Yeah, I know :D

Corsica? Hmmm...there's a thought :augie:friday

I'll get some thoughts, timeframes, and possible outline routes together over the next couple of weeks or so, and go from there. It could be a lot of miles every day :nenau

I also have done a trip to include Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia and up to Prague and then home again in two weeks. It was great fun but some days riding (in terms of hours in the saddle) were a little silly.
But I would be interested in Romania - less a few other countries - with a bunch of tossers.
:beer:

Don't be biased, but just saying....I can only go in in school holidays, if so pencil me in. would need to be back September though so maybe mid august..?..

I've ridden with some of you, so know it will definitly be 2 weeks of laughing

Interested and will be watching this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom