Problems with GS seat on GSA 1150

Anthonypowell

Reaction score
Why after fitting an 1150gsa with a 1150 GS seat and swapping all the fittings over I am left with a gap of about half an inch between the front of the seat and the tank
any ideas
thanks tony

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 190
Sorry to ask a daft question - but you have it set on the same height setting front and rear, do you?:confused:

I wouldn't worry about the gap, thats my preferred position as the vibration is VERY.....distracting.:cool

Are you saying the Gap is normal if you have the seat on high or low position but if you tilt the seat forward the gap is minimised

thanks tony

You don't normally have a gap as large as that with a standard seat. Normally no gap on low and about 1/2 inch on high. Your seat has been recovered, if your cover is tight it will pull on the seat base which is only plastic, and this will likely give you an increased gap.

When I got my standard seat recovered I had a large gap between the seat and the tank, where before recovering the gaps where as stated in my opening paragraph.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it as long as the seat is mounted firm and doesn't wobble when your sat on it.:thumb2

That seat isn't original, it's been recovered......

I can't quite tell from th epic.
Is the rubber strip still stick on the tank?
Fills the gap a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom