Classic project

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking for a classic,i have a few bikes on my list,Honda CB/CL450,Yamaha XS650,or even a Moto Guzzi 850T3 /1000sp.My budget is £2000,any advice or opinions on these bikes or suggestions of alternatives gratefully recieved.:beerjug:

CB450

I've got this if you are interested. I bought it from Devon after he bought it from Jim. I have to be honest that it's not as good as the pictures make out but the frame had been powder coated and the engine rebuilt. The silencers are in really good condition too. The rest of it needs a good sorting out. I'm only offering it here as I need the space and I've got too many projects on the go. Because of the drum brake and the pea shooter silencers I've good reason to believe its a 1969 CB450K1. Although it's got a dating certificate for 1971, everything on it except the tank points to a 1969 model. The more rounded tank wasn't fitted until 1970. That model (K2 onwards) also had a disc front brake and megaphone silencers. The bike comes with a few spares and if you wanted to make it into a Black Bomber look alike I could help you out with most of the parts required (for a fee)! ;) I'm asking the £850 which I paid to Devon. Good K1's a fetching almost £6K now! :eek:

I'm not too far from Swansea if you want to come and take a look. :thumb2

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326610

I've got this if you are interested. I bought it from Devon after he bought it from Jim. I have to be honest that it's not as good as the pictures make out but the frame had been powder coated and the engine rebuilt. The silencers are in really good condition too. The rest of it needs a good sorting out. I'm only offering it here as I need the space and I've got too many projects on the go. Because of the drum brake and the pea shooter silencers I've good reason to believe its a 1969 CB450K1. Although it's got a dating certificate for 1971, everything on it except the tank points to a 1969 model. The more rounded tank wasn't fitted until 1970. That model (K2 onwards) also had a disc front brake and megaphone silencers. The bike comes with a few spares and if you wanted to make it into a Black Bomber look alike I could help you out with most of the parts required (for a fee)! ;) I'm asking the £850 which I paid to Devon. Good K1's a fetching almost £6K now! :eek:

I'm not too far from Swansea if you want to come and take a look. :thumb2

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326610

Thanks for the offer,i think I am aiming more towards an airhead or a Guzzi after a look this weekend at some café racer conversions in Goodwood FOS.
:beerjug:

Guzzi

Found my project bike,picking up a 1979 Guzzi 1000sp tomorrow night ,condition is about 7 out of 10,but i am not bothered as tank seat side panels and fairing are all going to be changed:beerjug:engine and box are very sweet ,pictures to follow.

Guzzi

Picked up my next project bike today,the screen was taken off to allow it to fit in the van:beerjug:

Attachments

• wind farm 005.jpg
    wind farm 005.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 215
Another Spada bites the dust... never to return :blast

I'd love it, and I'd keep it 'stock'...

These big Guzzi's are getting like the twin shock Airheads.

All the 'Cafe Racer' (etc etc) projects mean there's going to be very few standard bikes left.

Which is a real shame in my view.

Back
Top Bottom