Remus Revolution- baffle rivet

Flint

Thursday 5.pm at the NEC - Ordered a Remus Revolution end can and Y piece from Cal-Sport - £374 which I thought was a brilliant price.
Friday 1 pm - It arrived. ( fast or what )
Saturday - checked the site for how to fit it ( the instructions that came with it are useless)
BUT
how do I remove the baffle rivet without damaging the screw thread inside?

Spanners out and off into the garage, hope it stops raining soon.
:confused:

Saturday - checked the site for how to fit it ( the instructions that came with it are useless)
I can cocur with that. Bought just the revolution from J+S for £195 although had to do a bit of fighting for that price.The can is on but ref. the top hanger with the rubber sleeve ,I couldnt find a long enogh bolt in the pack to go in there so had to use one of my own.
Anyway the midrange is vastly improved and it sounds brill.Think it might be a little too noisy in race mode.

Rivet

To drill the rivet out, I used a 10mm drill and carefully drilled the head off. This avoids going through the hole into the tapped bracket. Please note, the operative word is carefully !!!
Much easier done off the bike.

Can and Y piece went on a treat. What a difference it made. I went out for a short test ride and 2 hrs later got home with a very big grin on my face. I also think it will be a bit too loud in race mode but I'll still have to try it.
Cheers and thanks for the trips guys - I guess a K & N and chip is next on the list.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom