Transferring Europe Maps to SD Card

Diver Dan

Reaction score
Hi,

I am working on a MacBookPro.
I have downloaded Garmin Express, Basecamp and every other utility needed.
I am signed up for Map Updates for life.
I have updated the maps on my computer and want to transfer them to my GPS (Zumo 550)
If possible I wish to transfer/ update all the European maps rather than just one region (including UK & Ireland)
Garmin express won't let me do this telling me there is insufficient memory, however I have a 16GB SD card in the slot in the Zumo but this does not seem to register in Garmin Express as a device, the only options being presented to me are :- Download to Computer or Zumo 550 - no SD card being recognised.

Can anybody help - heading off to Croatia at the end of the month:D

PM me your email address and I'll send you the instructions that Garmin sent me which eventually worked for me.

Danny

why not just post them here so anyone in a similar position might benefit? :confused:

I've had a similar thing over the last 10 days maps would not go onto the unit, and only old mapping showing on the mac ... an hour a day onto garmin....

Finally using garmin express and when prompted selecting both MAC and device for the download....

Downloaded uk and ireland, and it put uk and Ireland on the 660, but the whole of Europe on to the mac....

Then using map installer select which map tiles you want to send to device, and it did that too... ( I have an 8gb card in the 660 with all my music on it)

I didn't bother with area's I'm not planning on using the 660, such as scandinavia spain etc....

Saying that the card I have in does show up when plugged into the mac .. could it be a problem with your card... try another one?

;)

Loads of posts on this elsewhere, the whole process is a right royal pain in the arse. Forget express, download map installer, put the lot onto your mac then send it to the sd card on the 550. TBH I can't even remember exactly how I did it cos I was so frustrated with the thing!! Take some comfort from the fact that you are not alone with this problem. I have the 2014 maps and will not be updating again!!

i dunno. i tried a copy and past on a pdf before i posted as i wasn't 100% that it was possible. it worked, but i suspect a lot depends on formatting :nenau

i'll PM you my email so i can be the numpty :D

DD I think you need to create a folder on the SD card and copy the maps into that before the 550 sees them. Something like that anyway.

R200GSA Please could you send details to me too, will PM you my email while you sort out posting on the forum. Thanks :thumby:

This is really frustrating, updated OSX on my Macbook Pro and bought a card reader to prep the card and still the 550 can't see the card or maps.
Also working with a few tiles but not helpful when you change route.

Back
Top Bottom