Art

what is art what is life life is art what am i on about ................ill get me coat

To truly sound like a ponce, I think you may need a few commas to carry it off Dave.

I was in the Peggy Guggenheim gallery in Venice. There was a Jackson Pollock painting, Eyes in the heat, on the wall with a viewing seat in front of it.

Being a sceptic, I sat there for half an hour, looking at it, unbiasedly, trying to decipher it, to see why intelligent people could appreciate things which I was incapable of seeing. Trying desperately to work-out how this large piece of canvas was worth many times my lifetimes earnings.

It was rubbish. I tried and failed to appreciate.
There was no form to it, no story to tell. Not even any mystery as to the techniques required to make such a mess.

Did a similar thing in the Van Gogh museum in Amdam. Nope.... I'm either too stupid or maybe I'm among those who can see that the king is naked.

A lot of 'art' is nice, skillful, wonderous. This and others like it were ... rubbish.

According to my art teacher at school, art is whatever you think art is......i.e. its in the eye of the beholder.

HE thought art was a lot of young naked men arranged in a room having drawings made of them. The police came one year and we didnt see him after that...:nenau

I was in the Peggy Guggenheim gallery in Venice. There was a Jackson Pollock painting, Eyes in the heat, on the wall with a viewing seat in front of it.

Being a sceptic, I sat there for half an hour, looking at it, unbiasedly, trying to decipher it, to see why intelligent people could appreciate things which I was incapable of seeing. Trying desperately to work-out how this large piece of canvas was worth many times my lifetimes earnings.

It was rubbish. I tried and failed to appreciate.
There was no form to it, no story to tell. Not even any mystery as to the techniques required to make such a mess.

Did a similar thing in the Van Gogh museum in Amdam. Nope.... I'm either too stupid or maybe I'm among those who can see that the king is naked.

A lot of 'art' is nice, skillful, wonderous. This and others like it were ... rubbish.

I have also sat sitting in that there viewing seat. I could see all its beauty and artful flow.
Clearly I'm a very knowledgable and gifted person. You are an ignoramus.
Sorry about that....but that's art. :thumb

According to my art teacher at school, art is whatever you think art is......i.e. its in the eye of the beholder.

HE thought art was a lot of young naked men arranged in a room having drawings made of them. The police came one year and we didnt see him after that...:nenau

So can it be seen as crap then ? :nenau

Back
Top Bottom