Top Gear Sun 2 Jan

Markoh

Just been watching top gear and there was a road test involving three large cars. One of them, a big Chrysler, in Wales. Anyone recognise the road or area the road test took place?

Cheers
Mark

Yep it was Pendine. More details in this thread. Looks good fun doesn't it:)

Great to see y'all know your beaches............

......but which road was it? I thought it might have been in Yorkshire (Dales?). It certainly looked like my kinda road.....:D

I think that the road is definately in Wales, as at one point in the feature you could slearly see "ARAF" and "SLOW" painted on the road. I could be mistaken but isn't ARAF Welsh?

Great looking road though, and no feckin traffic. Maybe some of the Welsh contingent will be able to identify it, or maybe the tossers want to keep it to themselves. :shoot:

It was the road I was interested in rather than the beach.

Cheers
Mark

mohdock said:
It was the road I was interested in rather than the beach.

Cheers
Mark

No need to look below then :)

I thought it looked like Black Rock Sands near Portmadoc :confused:

Wrong - its South West Wales!

I live near where it was filmed!

TG have used this section of road a few times. Its the mountain road between Llangadog & Brynamman (Carmarthenshire). It has a nice hairpin bend with some great views of the Towy valley.
The beach scenes are Pendine approx. 35/40 miles away.
If your not aware, public motor vehicle access to the beach ceased last year. Its a shame as the beach is where many land speed records have taken place and is several miles long.

Regards

Steve G

Back
Top Bottom