Front says: Ariel
The Modern Motor cycle
Owners Guide.

-----------------------------------------

1,000 c.c

Four cylinder

Model 4G MK. 11.
Published january 1956.

Complete with: Addendum for the 1959 owners guide.

Not pristine, shows its age, but all there.

Of use to anyone here???? (prior to e bay?)

Bubb

Ariel Square 4...

anyone who has one of these want/need a service/owners book:
Front says: Ariel
The Modern Motor cycle
Owners Guide.

Not pristine, shows its age, but all there.

Of use to anyone here???? (prior to e bay?)

Bubb

I'm a member of the Ariel Owners' Club (I used to have a Square Four but now I've just got a 1958 500 'VH' :D ).

I can put your ad on their site if you like.

Are you looking for money from non-UKGSer members (if so - how much)???

It will certainly be of use to someone (I'd like to add it to my 'bike library' - but I don't have that bike :blast).

Cheers.

Bob.

Yes please...........................

That would go nicely with my 1952 Square 4 outfit.

Could you post? How much would you like for it?

So many questions, Please can you PM me contact details and I'll call you to discuss.

Thanks,
Shad.

Voyager... many thanks for the kind offer....
but going to a GSer ...

Shad, have sent you a PM.

I knew I could find a good home for it on here.

Bubb

Voyager... many thanks for the kind offer....
but going to a GSer ...

I knew I could find a good home for it on here.

Bubb

:thumb :thumb :thumb

This one lives not far from me - they are great bikes :drool

(Note the 'special' TLS front brake :cool:).

DSC_7061_zpsd427a71f.jpg

DSC_7063_zps809fe619.jpg

ariel booklet

Wish I had one... the book comes from my uncle Bill, who put a Sq4 engine into a norton featherbed frame long long ago...

Voyager; nice photos of a lovely looking bike.

Book now its off to Keith to a good home.

Thanks all folks.

Bubb

Healey Bros in Redditch shoe-horned uprated Squariel engines into decent frames in the '70s, tasty :drool

Attachments

• Healey Square 4.jpg
    Healey Square 4.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 692
Healey Bros in Redditch shoe-horned uprated Squariel engines into decent frames in the '70s, tasty :drool

They were nice :thumb

I had a ride on Tim Healey's prototype in the Isle of Man - I can't remember which year but '70 or '71 I guess. It had a Rickman-type frame and some decent brakes. It was interesting to compare it to my 'customised' Square with its BSA A10 forks & wheel and Pride & Clarke 8" TLS front brake.

I couldn't afford one then though :tears.

This was mine in 1970 after its two-year restoration from being a £10 basket case 1953 alloy two-pipe. I did 20,000 miles per year on it and sold it in 1973 when I moved from Somerset to a top floor flat in Edinburgh - I've always regretted getting rid of it :tears.

img055_zps11649a3b.jpg

img067_zpsb2a80724.jpg

Memories . . Memories . .:rob.

Bob.

When I was a little lad my Dad had a mate into bikes and he'd go around and chat and bring me along... He had one of these and I remember them standing by it and chatting for ages about stuff, just like GSers do today

Book arrived today....................

The book arrived safely (and very well packed) in this mornings post.

Many thanks to Bubb (and uncle Bill!). It's great to see so many nice shiny Squariels, sadly mine is more of a tatty unrestore example. Will stick a couple of pictures up later.

Runs well, with a Dave Jones job on the cylinder head (the dodgy threads for the studs in the head are all bored out, then inserts of Alloy bronze are threaded in, and the holes redrilled and tapped - it stops the studs pulling out when the head is torqued down and I went through 4 head gaskets before I found out about this simple modification!), and provided happy transport for my kids for years (they've grown out of it now, but it still puts a smile on my face).

Ride safe All, contribution to Help for Heroes going in at the earliet opportunity.

Keith.

They were nice :thumb

I had a ride on Tim Healey's prototype in the Isle of Man - I can't remember which year but '70 or '71 I guess. It had a Rickman-type frame and some decent brakes. It was interesting to compare it to my 'customised' Square with its BSA A10 forks & wheel and Pride & Clarke 8" TLS front brake.

I couldn't afford one then though :tears.

This was mine in 1970 after its two-year restoration from being a £10 basket case 1953 alloy two-pipe. I did 20,000 miles per year on it and sold it in 1973 when I moved from Somerset to a top floor flat in Edinburgh - I've always regretted getting rid of it :tears.

img055_zps11649a3b.jpg

img067_zpsb2a80724.jpg

Memories . . Memories . .:rob.

Bob.

That Sir, is truly a work of art. :thumb:thumb

Back
Top Bottom