could I ask for some help please.

mark2jag

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, fellow tossers, and those of an undecided nature, Could I possibly ask for some help in fitting a set of heated grips and possibly a power socket to an 09 Honda CBF1000. I have approached my local Honda dealer and he wants 100 quid and thats not including the grips/ socket. that price is for the fitting of the grips alone. If I want a power socket then its more dosh. I have read the bike specific forums and see how its done, but I Don't trust myself not to balls it up completely, plus dont have the tools. Probably guess im a wee bit skint after buying the bike, err thats it.

Mark.

you live a bit far from me otherwise u could have brought it to my workshop and i would have shown you how to do it aswell as helped u fit them.

The 12 v socket u just need to wire it from the battery either through a switch to turn it on or off of direct from the battery so its powered all the time. or even find the switch live from the ignition switch and pick up from that.

The heated grips im not too sure with has ive never had to fit them myself but u could either bring the supply for them through a relay that is powered by the ignition switch or direct from the battery. direct from the battery wouldnt be good if you left them on lol.

oh and £100 for fitting them is a rip off get anouther quote from a different garage.

Farmboy said:
Mark,

your too far from me or I would have done them for you, or at least showed you how.

Its real simple though. your bike has a power source to run stuff ( battery ) and the only thing to worry about is the location of the kit.

Aftermarket heated grips will come with full instructions and everything included. Just follow the instructions and plug everything together, there will be an in line fuse already attached to prevent any electrical issues, and at the very end will be two circular fittings that go on your battery, red to + and black to -

Once everything is in place you will need a load of cable ties to tidy everything up and keep it in place, just make sure that you can turn the bars from lock to lock without the wires getting snagged or tight.

The power socket is even easier, there will only be one wire with the same circular fittings on the end for the battery terminals red for + and - for negative. Again there will be an inline fuse between the battery terminals and the power socket, If not then you will need to fit one or make sure it has it before you buy.

then just find a suitable location for your power socket, Som epower sockets come with a bracket to attach to your panels etc. Depending on where you want it. Its probably best to find the location for the power socket first then you can thread the wires back the battery ( much easier than trying to get the power socket up inside panels etc.. )

I just wired up my bike with heated grips, intercom and heated jacket socket in about 30 minutes. they all come ready to fit and the hardest part is tidying up the wires and finding a way from the battery to their location.

Hope this helps a bit, if not come back to me and I will try to explain a bit better.

Chris
Cheers Chris, for at least taking the time and effort to reply. Cant fit myself as dont have any tools or relative experiencea and there isnt a cat in hells chance im gonna do it myself after my last disastrous electrical experience. No offers so will just bite the bloody bullet and save some cash to get it done at the dealers. I didnt mind paying someone to help me, but there aint a fucking cat in hells chance im paying a Honda dealer 100 quid.

like I said before, the Honda dealers I got my bike from were all nicey nicey when I was BUYING the bike, but now I have it, they see another rip off opportunity and they went for it. Well they can go fuck themselves.. Err thats it really.

:thumb2:):augie

Mark

Back
Top Bottom