Harley Trikes?

Clifton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Curious does Harley, or anyone, sell any trikes in UK? Personally I don't see the attraction to any of them. I occasionally see them on the road, they must be horrible to ride or I guess drive. I drove a Can Am Spyder and even it was pretty bad.

I've ridden a Spyder- i dont think it's a fair comparison myself.
Harley trikes, actually most trikes i.m.o are better designed than the Spyder. :nenau

14-hd-tri-glide-ultra-1.jpg

To you sir? A snip at just @27,895 (for the entry level model)! :eek

It's the FLHTCUTG and is 'new' to the U.K. for 2014 although it's been in production since 2009. The Servicar, beloved of meter maids, was produced from 1932 to 1973 and was the basis for many HD based trikes. :rob

No idea what it's like to ride, but I'd have one if I couldn't ride a bike :ymca

It's the FLHTCUTG and is 'new' to the U.K. for 2014 although it's been in production since 2009.....

I guess that'd have the revised Twin Cool engine with water cooled exhaust valves then.
I just assumed it'd handle worse than a Spyder? All of them seem to have all the disadvantages of a motorcycle w/o the fun.

14-hd-tri-glide-ultra-1.jpg

To you sir? A snip at just @27,895 (for the entry level model)! :eek

It's the FLHTCUTG and is 'new' to the U.K. for 2014 although it's been in production since 2009. The Servicar, beloved of meter maids, was produced from 1932 to 1973 and was the basis for many HD based trikes. :rob

No idea what it's like to ride, but I'd have one if I couldn't ride a bike :ymca

I agree mutley :rob

Does it have reverse,? Does it have belt drive ? does it have a diff?

I've asked the dealer, and they are going to find out, and let me know :blast

Anyone on here know ? thanks

I guess that'd have the revised Twin Cool engine with water cooled exhaust valves then.
I just assumed it'd handle worse than a Spyder? All of them seem to have all the disadvantages of a motorcycle w/o the fun.

Yes it has the full Project Rushmore setup and the Twin Cooled engine :thumb2

If you can happily manage a full dress Glide, with pillion fully loaded, then it's not really aimed at you. Two types of people ride trikes: those that need the stability and those that just want to be different. The latter tend to ride custom built jobbies rather than production models. ;)

Does it have reverse?

Yes but it's electric. From what I can gather it's integrated into the rear differential and is an optional extra on some models. We only get the Ultra in the UK so it should be standard.

Does it have belt drive?

Yes

Does it have a diff?

Yes

I've asked the dealer, and they are going to find out, and let me know :blast

Anyone on here know ? thanks

I'd talk to another dealer, none of this information is hard to get hold of :thumb

:The Servicar, beloved of meter maids, was produced from 1932 to 1973 and was the basis for many HD based trikes. :rob

No idea what it's like to ride, but I'd have one if I couldn't ride a bike:

R+%2526+J+%2526+Me+on+trike-1.jpg

Mine was a 1965 model, heavily modified because I bought it as a basket case with lots of stuff missing. Slow but fun

Here's some answers to your questions

Yes belt drive
Yes it has a diff
Yes electric reverse
Rigid rear axle not independant suspension

That weird contraption on the forks is a tow hitch. They were used by garages to send a mechanic out to breakdowns. The tools were carried in the box at the back. When the mechanic fixed the car, the Servicar was then towed by means of that frame back to the garage by the customer's car- or at least that's what I read when I was researching parts for my rebuild :nenau
The left hand twistgrip was for ignition advance/retard - NOT an Indian style throttle, and this one looks like it has a hand clutch, mine didn't. But it also looks like a maybe one of those rocker style foot clutches? I'm not familiar with those. Mine was a simple foot clutch such as you'd have in a car.

BTW
They needed quite a bit of rider input. When I advertised mine for sale I had a disabled lady interested. When I asked her the nature of her disability she said an amputation due to a bike accident. I had to strongly advise against it as you certainly need all four limbs and they need to work hard at it to get these things going well.
But then again, I might just be a bluddy wimp

ps
Just realised that the hand "clutch: is actually the front brake! mine was on the right.

Back
Top Bottom