Feckerty feck!

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I broke my 'Berg (and you could do likewise to your KTM or 'Berg if you have an FI model)

:tears

On Saturday I was doing an oil and filter service. Dropped the oil; changed the filter; checked the two oil screens, replenished oil, sparked it up and all is well.

So then I turn to the micro-filter that is in the fuel-injection rail - which is supposed to be changed at every service. It's simply a question of pulling off the rubber fuel line, pulling out and replacing the filter.

On the 'Berg, the whole thing is a bastid to access, but I get the jubilee clip undone and start gently tugging the rubber fuel hose. Well, I must have been like an apprentice rock-ape because I snapped off the pipe onto which the hose fits! Bastid, bastid!

The KTM Centre didn't have one in stock ("Nobody breaks them, Sir!") and I'm relieved of £60 to have one ordered from Austria.

The bike has to be totally dismantled to fit the fecker and the irony is that the micro-filter was as clean as a whistle!

:mad:

Rock-apes beware!

:blast at least you have got time on your side to sort it, as long as your heavy hand doesn't break anything else in the process

The KTm's are fine, I changed my filter no problem.

Should have gone orange.

I have just fitted an akrapovic race can.

IMG_1373_zps430c605a.jpg

:blast

The same filter fits in the male end of the quick-connect tank connector - much easier to fit the filter there for future access than have to root around by the throttle body.....

The same filter fits in the male end of the quick-connect tank connector - much easier to fit the filter there for future access than have to root around by the throttle body.....

I think this is on the 2013 on bikes, but there's an upgrade kit

Back
Top Bottom