B@#$*#ds

electric_monk

Reaction score
Why in the name of good f*** did Bmw fit the rear abs sensor to my 16v RS with torx bolts. They're the only ones on the bike.....:mad:

S'okay an M5 x 16 allen screw will replace it

Why do you need it off?

You can unplug it up the loom a bit

That's what I do saves any chance of dirt getting in the FD gives you a chance to lie it down and give it a decent clean before you pull it through the FD

Brain fart Jay? :D

16v RS sensor is fitted to the caliper unlike the later bikes that use the old rear shock mount:

BMW%20K75S%20%28172%29-L.jpg

The K1100 I'm tinkering with at present has been stripped of the ABS so I've removed the sensor and bracket:

K1100LT%20%2848%29-L.jpg

The torx screws came out easily but the sensor was stuck solid. I had to destroy it to get it out (shame as it might have been handy as a spare for the K1).

Indeed Yes Mike :blast

But since it's the same FD and Calliper going back on Methinks the Monk doth seek trial and tribulation for himself???

stuck sensor

Brain fart Jay? :D

16v RS sensor is fitted to the caliper unlike the later bikes that use the old rear shock mount:

BMW%20K75S%20%28172%29-L.jpg

The K1100 I'm tinkering with at present has been stripped of the ABS so I've removed the sensor and bracket:

K1100LT%20%2848%29-L.jpg

The torx screws came out easily but the sensor was stuck solid. I had to destroy it to get it out (shame as it might have been handy as a spare for the K1).

easy way to get that sensor of is put claiper in bucket of hot water metal will expand hey presto it pops out ! old trick I know

easy way to get that sensor of is put claiper in bucket of hot water metal will expand hey presto it pops out ! old trick I know

I tried heat. Unfortunately someone had tried to knock it out at some stage in the past and the sensor had mushroomed.

Back
Top Bottom