pmr radio

Can't offer any advice on existing PMR radios. I'm waiting for the Garmin Rino 120 to be available in the UK.

This box of tricks is fantastic - a combined FRS radio and GPS in a weatherproof package. The GPS can take mapsource data. Already available in the USA, but causing a problem in the UK because the PMR licensing authorities are not happy with its ability to report its position to other devices. I hope they get approval because this is one of the features that really excites me. (I'm easily excited!)

http://www.garmin.com/products/rino120/

Regards,

Mike

An interesting product - have you heard about it being cleared for use in the UK? (I can see their point about its reporting facility....anyone want to play 007 and use it to track the badies..)

I have thrown all my tools away and mounted my Autocom and radio in the tooltray (1150GS).

There used to be a piccie of it on an old thread, but Paul G threw it away when he installed a new server.

:idea

Greg

Gregg

Have you got any more photos of your autocom fitting (I have the orig photo posted) as I like the instalation that you did and need to show the dealer some photo's so that they can do the same.

Cheers

Simon

Back
Top Bottom