.. a rare Twinshock treat - 1982 WTC British Round from Semerwater in the Dales

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Warning, it's an HOUR long.....................so best sit down one evening with a beer to watch it

Cracking new footage from the 1982 World Trials Championship of the British Round, from the Yorkshire Dales

Good commentary and press interviews, together with plenty of action shots and footage

Good to look back and see how it was in yesteryear

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X39Dyk__i58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good find JB, all the trial bikes of my youth. Will enjoy watching this later. Do pm me with those dates for the trial you mentioned on our 21 dale cake finding run. Will then try to plan a revisit. :thumby:

Good find JB, all the trial bikes of my youth. Will enjoy watching this later. Do pm me with those dates for the trial you mentioned on our 21 dale cake finding run. Will then try to plan a revisit. :thumby:

PM sent..................Scott Trial is Sat 19th Oct, this year:bounce1

Very good, makes me think there must be something wrong with my Fantic
:augie

Hey, that could be fun watching it:beerjug:

Reeth is where it all happens, within 5 miles in any direction of the village

Loads of spectator info and all for free.................just donate to Air Ambulance or another of Richmond MCC's chosen charities this year

Reeth is where it all happens, within 5 miles in any direction of the village

Loads of spectator info and all for free.................just donate to Air Ambulance or another of Richmond MCC's chosen charities this year

My favorite village:) I'll check the dates:beerjug:

Finally got round to watching the video and really enjoyed it. I then went on to watch the 1974 Scott, it really is amazing how little the sections have changed.

Finally got round to watching the video and really enjoyed it. I then went on to watch the 1974 Scott, it really is amazing how little the sections have changed.

But the bikes have:p

Observed at a Trial this morning, mixed entry and the Pre65's struggled in comparison to the modern stuff, in the tight turns

I was practising at warden law last Sunday and Glen Quinn was with us (His Father Peter had Quinns competition bikes in Newcastle back in the day). He was on an old SWM but he'd taken a few clutch springs out a played around with the fuelling and it was surprisingly good to ride. I was at Sheffield last night for the indoor, it's a completely different sport to trials but great entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom