Utah, Perhaps Our Most Scenic State to Ride

Clifton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
FWIW Motus is bringing out their first motorcycle which is interesting in itself. I just received this promotional video of them road testing them in Utah. The video is pretty nice quality and illustrates why I feel Utah is arguably the most scenic state in the US. It offers most everything from desert to high pine forests and spectacular color. Great roads too! Click it up to full screen and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OnJnuW_550&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Agreed - I love Utah. SWMBO and I have toured lots of it in SUVs and RVs and I was lucky enough to ride a fair bit of it with Earache and his buddy, Neil, a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure we rode some of the bits of road in that video.

SWMBO occasionally suggests that it's about time we made another trip to Speed Week at Bonneville again and so far I've managed to resist....:D

Agreed - I love Utah. SWMBO and I have toured lots of it in SUVs and RVs and I was lucky enough to ride a fair bit of it with Earache and his buddy, Neil, a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure we rode some of the bits of road in that video.

If you go back I hope you can pick up a dual sport bike of some kind. I just came through Utah last month on my F650GS but almost all paved this time. While the paved roads (like in the video) are nice, the non-paved ones are great fun as well. Spent lots of time out there on my DR650 and had a blast. DR650's, KLR's and GS's are perfect bikes for exploring the area.

If you go back I hope you can pick up a dual sport bike of some kind. I just came through Utah last month on my F650GS but almost all paved this time. While the paved roads (like in the video) are nice, the non-paved ones are great fun as well. Spent lots of time out there on my DR650 and had a blast. DR650's, KLR's and GS's are perfect bikes for exploring the area.

Thanks - we drove the Burr Trail and the Mokee Dugway in an F350 with a camper on the back, in 2006. :D

enjoyed that :thumb2

Not half as much as we did......:D It's a shame that Eric doesn't have the bit on video of us returning to Gateway Canyons when we came upon two Harleys and a guy on a Triumph who gave chase when we blasted past him. We met up with them a couple of days later in Ouray. It turned out that the Triumph rider was an ex-pat Englishman who now owns a restaurant in Aspen. "What were you guys like - formation flying at 100 mph! I never get to ride like that with these guys..."(gesturing to his buddies who didn't look entirely pleased to see us)

Thanks - we drove the Burr Trail and the Mokee Dugway in an F350 with a camper on the back, in 2006. :D

LOL must of been a bumpy ride in a 1 ton truck, hope you aired the tires down.

Nice videos Earache! Isn't it odd how some Harley riders get pissed when passed?

... Isn't it odd how some Harley riders get pissed when passed?

It is rather odd. To be fair, I don't think they saw or heard us coming - and we did blast past at roughly double their speed, which tends to startle.

But I swear, we signaled our lane changes so it wasn't our fault.:augie

...... I'm pretty sure we rode some of the bits of road in that video.

Yup - almost all of that video was shot on Route 12 and 95 in Utah. The forest is on Route 12 - right where Neil passed the unmarked cop and got pulled over:blast Those are actually Aspen trees, not pine at 1:32 in the Motus video.

The tunnel at 0:40 in the video, from the other direction with Neil riding into it...

Curves at 1:06 in the Motus video....

Curves at 1:06 in the Motus video....

Yeah, that was the one that I particularly recognised. We rode that road along the top of the ridge in both directions, didn't we? I'm pretty sure I've driven it in an SUV as well. What's the Hwy number for that one?

Yeah, that was the one that I particularly recognised. We rode that road along the top of the ridge in both directions, didn't we? I'm pretty sure I've driven it in an SUV as well. What's the Hwy number for that one?

Yup, that's route 12 south of Boulder, UT.

Not too many roads where you can fall to your death by riding off of either side.

Was on highway 12 only last week, did some walking in the Bryce Canyon National park, the picture of the rock tunnel in Red Canyon, and we did a couple of walks from the Visitor centre there too, lovely area, must get back there on a bike someday:)

A road is a road anywhere, the place where Utah excels is off road:thumb
P1040276-XL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom