Quetsion Re RallyRaid Fuel Line tool

Magwych

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Numpty time, I hope.

So I have one 690 Enduro that has started to exhibit the signs of fuel pump issues; i.e. intermittent stalling and rough running.

I have also got one CA Cycleworks fuel pump, the RollsRoyce of fuel oumos if you believe the things I read in the interweb, secured at a good price.

On the RallyRaid web site they sell a tool that is " definitely needed when trying to disconnect the OEM Fuel Pump from the bike." so I bought one. It is like a plastic nut with a shoulder on it that has been cut in half :Rally Raid fuel pump disconnector thingy

I have not yet had the tank open, but the KTM service manual photos look like the fuel line is heat shrink, or stretched over the barbs on the pump outlet.

It may be obvious when I have all the pieces in my grubby mitts, but I am unclear at the moment how this tool is used.

Has anyone used this and can elaborate how it works ?

Check the micro filter at the point where the fuel line connects to the injector. KTM changed the spec of this from a 10 micron filter to a 20 micron filter in Oct 2011. The old filter has a black frame; the new filter has a light grey frame.

Don't break the injector rail when you pull off the hose! DAMHIK.

I had the same problem...

In the course of a days riding it got to the point it wouldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Swapped out loads of bits, turned out to be a 10p fix in the end.

See...

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337212

Just drop everything out the tank (pump and filters) and put the pump in a suitable container with fuel in. This way you can make sure all the lines are straight and not kinked and you can start it up and see how it runs.

Numpty time, I hope.

So I have one 690 Enduro that has started to exhibit the signs of fuel pump issues; i.e. intermittent stalling and rough running.

I have also got one CA Cycleworks fuel pump, the RollsRoyce of fuel oumos if you believe the things I read in the interweb, secured at a good price.

On the RallyRaid web site they sell a tool that is " definitely needed when trying to disconnect the OEM Fuel Pump from the bike." so I bought one. It is like a plastic nut with a shoulder on it that has been cut in half :Rally Raid fuel pump disconnector thingy

I have not yet had the tank open, but the KTM service manual photos look like the fuel line is heat shrink, or stretched over the barbs on the pump outlet.

It may be obvious when I have all the pieces in my grubby mitts, but I am unclear at the moment how this tool is used.

Has anyone used this and can elaborate how it works ?

the fuel line in the tank has a sort of quick connect but its not very quick and a shit design ,get the RR tool and put it around the line then press into the quick connect to release the male end

the cycle works is not a direct replacement mate you need to change fuel lines etc,if i was you i'd take a look at it while at home,when you pivot the tank be careful not to break the quick connect between the tank and injector,i have a stainless one on mine

my bike has had an interesting life so far
the first owner brought it as his dakar practice bike then john at RR brought it and developed the rally kit doing several African rallys on the bike then i brought it and have done a fair amount of off road on it including 5 or 6 2 week European offroad camping trips

this bike has been crashed bashed and thrashed and thats just by me

problems to date.....ZERO

not pretending they dont have issues i carry all the electrical spares every time i ride the thing

hope this helps

loz

started like this

helennikonno1385.jpg

PA250008.jpg

P4290067.jpg

P5130275.jpg

P5240355.jpg

Back
Top Bottom