Sertao screen replacement

Rossiet

Reaction score
Hi I have a GS 650 Sertao but at 6ft 5 the noise is pretty horrendous at any speed I was thinking about putting the mra x creen on there instead it gives an overall height of 435mm . Just wondering if anyone else has done this and it made any significant difference? Thanks

Hi Rossiet,

I have not got a Sertao (yet) but I had a similar problems with comfort. Long distances were a pain riding my 2000 Dakar on my European trips. I had some luck on ebay and found a ZTechnik screen for about £120 delivered. Just had a look at what is available on the ZTechnik website for the G650GS models and they are way too expensive.

Powerbronze have a dark tint flip screen at 460mm in height available at a very good price and delivery is free. 181229216497 is the item number.

This maybe an alternative to what you`re looking at.

Dakarnoway

Thanks I have actually tried the MRA X creen fitted it saturday. Bit of adjustment to do yet though as when I went out for a ride it had made it worse! :nenau

I have a Givi on mine, works well for me and I'm 6'2":thumb2

I'm only 6' and the stock screen was too low for me. I got the puig touring screen from germany bs-motorparts as it was cheap in dark, it does a good job for my height.

Hi Falmer Palmer - I am new sertao owner and the same height as you and after my first decent ride out from Sheffield to Cornwall on the Bank Holiday I realise I really am too big for the bike. At the very least I am going to have to lower the foot pegs so I can get my knees's under the false tank cut away, get a taller/comfier seat (my undercarriage is killing me!), taller or adjustable screen and possibly even the handle bar raisers.

What else did you do for your sertao and what was the most effective?

That TT screen adjuster only lifts the stock screen by 6cm, does that actually do anything?

Thanks

I have a couple of spare tall Sertao screens but am away for 3 weeks, if you're not sorted by ten, drop me a PM ....... if you've subscribed to the forum.

btw I'm 5 mins away from you in Buckley

Hi Falmer Palmer - I am new sertao owner and the same height as you and after my first decent ride out from Sheffield to Cornwall on the Bank Holiday I realise I really am too big for the bike. At the very least I am going to have to lower the foot pegs so I can get my knees's under the false tank cut away, get a taller/comfier seat (my undercarriage is killing me!), taller or adjustable screen and possibly even the handle bar raisers.

What else did you do for your sertao and what was the most effective?

That TT screen adjuster only lifts the stock screen by 6cm, does that actually do anything?

Thanks

I drilled the Touratech screen mount so it mounts higher up and lifts the screen a bit higher...............Not much but it does make a difference!

I also fitted Touratech handlebar risers and tilted the handle bars forward a wee bit giving me more room.

I replaced the black/grey Sertao seat with a taller Dakar/Touratech seat which is more comfortable and I can slide back on it a bit more and get my knees under the 'tank' cut outs!

Havent done anything with the pegs yet but a lower option would probably help aswell....................My Sertao is really comfy for long journeys compared to my other touring bike!

Attachments

• Monkey Magic 006.jpg
    Monkey Magic 006.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 738
Here's my Sertao....................I converted this second hand F800GSA topbox to fit and it goes well with a pair of Touratech Zegas for touring!

I've added a few other bits and bobs to the bike since this photo was taken including Touratech bar risers, front sprocket cover, lower front mudguard and Zega pannier racks and panniers!

Attachments

• Sertao ADV Topbox! 002.jpg
    Sertao ADV Topbox! 002.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 685
  • Sertao ADV Topbox! 007.jpg
    Sertao ADV Topbox! 007.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 696
  • Sertao ADV Topbox! 004.jpg
    Sertao ADV Topbox! 004.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 659
I bought a Sertao to go green laneing but it was too big and heavy for this so replaced it with a CRF250 which I can handle much better. I bought a Z Technik Stream tall screen for it which is very substantial and included a frame which made it very sturdy. I've not got around to selling this yet but if you'd like it please let me know. I can send pictures to your email address but cannot make them work on the forum. Thanks

Hi ,Steve

Do those screens need mirror extenders too, I think I read something about that on here somewhere ?
Thanks

Farmer Palmer- that's not a stock seat on that sertao, looks taller. I am definitely going to need a taller seat. Will this maybe negate the need for lower foot pegs?

This taller seat I am going to get off motorworks, fit a Dakar seat to my sertao. It's going to push me further into the wind so maybe I will try to make a bracket to push the stock sertao screen further up, if that fails then maybe the Z Techniks screen?

Oh has anyone tried these Sportouring pegs, they are cylindrical and look a bit thin diameter but you can move the pegs down by 50mm. Backwards, forwards etc

http://www.sportouring.com/gallery.php?sectionHeaderActive=1000&rangeChoosen=426

I bought a Sertao a couple of months ago. I bought a high seat from BMW, and also had the original seat raised 50mm and reshaped by Cauldfield Leather. I prefer the BMW seat and need to sell the other one. I'll stick it on the for sale section in the not too distant future, but wondered if you're interested as you've said you'd like a taller seat.

Hi Martin. Thanks for the reply. I bought a dakar seat that had been reshaped taller. So much better. I also parted with good money for the touratech lowered footpegs and raised handle bar adapters, its only just about right for me now.

Back
Top Bottom