Squires Cafe Bar for Sale

All depends on what shape of repair its in, if modern and very tidy thoughout, with nice views etc

never been there

Next to a railway line (LITERALLY) and 1/2 mile from a motorway - only view is a few fields and Drax power station cooling towers:D

Old Milk bar in Sherburn was loads better, more feel and soul, just like your bakery:D

:eek:Sounds a lot but when Harry sold it a few years ago I think it was more :eek: The burger van at Devils bridge sounds a snip at the price of the bacon butties you would get your money back in a week lol

An ice rink?

NORTH YORKSHIRE – WORLD FAMOUS BIKERS CAFÉ BAR. Open plan main bar, function room with ice rink, central bar servery, commercial kitchen, four bedroom private accommodation, camping and caravan facilities, set in approximately 20 acre plot, parking for plus 350 vehicles, outdoor seating area and motorcycle shop. Freehold £1,600,000.

Rather a lot more than just a cafe then :D

Can't see it being a good proposition as a biker place any longer because sports bike sales are on the decline and it's hardly a place for true 'adventurers'.

Probably end up as a swingers club.

Can't see it being a good proposition as a biker place any longer because sports bike sales are on the decline and it's hardly a place for true 'adventurers'.

20 acres of land with camping facilities, an online business and an on-site shop.....plus all the cafe/restaurant parts and a 4 bedroom house.

Without seeing their balance sheets it's impossible to say whether it's a good proposition or not, but you'd be setting yourself up for a definite fail if you only saw it as dependent on sports bike sales :nenau

The guy that owns it uses the Helicopter landing pad on the top field. Anybody remember the old cafe (milk bar) in Sherburn in Elmet it was knocked down for the land, now houses, the reason he bought the old run down pub.

Try going on a Wed night & you'll have problems parking your bike or getting served.

uqavusy8.jpg

http://goo.gl/maps/sMVvz

Rumour has it that the burger van at devils bridge changed hands for more than half a million !!

Cash bussiness, burger vans have to tender to the local council, hope they have a long tenatcy,

Cost price burger and chips 50p
Sale price £ 5.50p

Good profits

Cost coffee 5p cup 2p total 7p

Sale Price £1.57p
Good profits

Cost price TEA 3p cup 2p total 5p

Sale Price £1.05p

£500k Good price :nenau I would want a 25 year Lease for that, your knakered if they shut the road.

Squires is my local & I've been going for almost 20 yrs. I remember the old Milk Bar & disliked it. It was far too small and the car park was a nightmare get in and out of.

When Harry (owner of the Milk Bar) purchased Squires, he didn't do much to improve it. A few years later, he sold it (I heard) for £2.5M (maybe more). Harry & his wife live a luxury lifestyle with helicopter, Bentley and bikes. Good on him :)

The buyers were a group of business men with no interest in bikes (I stand to be corrected but when the local WIMA group met there, its what I remember Harry saying). One of the sale contract stipulations from Harry was that it had to continue as a biker's cafe & that Jason (his son) would be part of the management.

There have been a few changes: a new dining room; the ice-rink; a few new mugs and a new kitchen. I believe the men's toilets were improved too but I've not checked.
The ice-rink is downstairs at the back where they used to have live bands on & has proved to be popular with the locals (kids parties etc).

The biggest drawback (IMO) is the sloppy staff, cheap tasting coffee and disgraceful interior. Its freezing in winter too.

Saying that, it doesn't stop me going & I'd be sad if it closed down.
The huge car park & a massive amount of land makes it ideal meeting place for an organised ride out or meeting friends from all over Yorkshire. It's a great people-watching venue :augie & some folk like the pasties that have been in a food-warmer all day :nenau

Over the years, they've tried to improve winter attendance but nothing seems to work, especially during the week. If its freezing cold, wet or dark, you can bet that Squires will be empty.

I've said enough.... :augie

Squires - I remember the old Milk Bar & disliked it. It was far too small and the car park was a nightmare get in and out of.

You say that about a lot of car parks:augie

Personally, I never had a problem:D

Loved the old Milk Bar, atmosphere was 10 times better the the New Inn:p

You say that about a lot of car parks:augie

Personally, I never had a problem:D

Loved the old Milk Bar, atmosphere was 10 times better the the New Inn:p

Same here the old place was nice, the new place is just run down and trashy, full of grubby pikey looking folk in bad fitting race leathers and hells angels types on a wednesday thinking they look ard. Nasty weak teas and cofees. To be honest i avoid the place.

No doubt turnover is huge though, so i reckon its going to be a good buy for someone.

As for that burger van at devils bridge going for 500k, popular spot yes but find that figure hard to believe.

Back
Top Bottom