Took this little beauty home for the weekend....

Lars1974

Reaction score
hi guys,

Ever since I saw this bike I knew I had to try one, so today I took one home for the weekend! You never know I may just have to buy it as my commuter tool and fun bike!

Honda MSX125 Grom

db977fe784d914650a40a6c5879a87ff_zps0d62ae09.jpg

Rode it home the 21 miles from work and giggled all the time! Its draws soo much attention and its fun!

Surprisingly roomy for my 1.85m 98kg body! Engine pulls strong for a 125! Gearing is good, brakes fine and its soo light you ride it like a GP bike!

Will do a proper test ride tomorrow....

cant wait!

Saw these for the first time yesterday at the NEC, We never even knew Honda made them!
Cracking looking things.

Did you pony up and get one? I ask because I am looking at these and would love to get some impressions from an owner in the UK as a comparison with the US and asian posts.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda. That should get the kids back onto two wheels. Wonder where they can nick one from.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?350680-2013-Honda-MSX-125-For-Sale

Daughter bought one as you can see from this link.

I had to ride it 5 miles home as she had been at a party and couldn't ride for a couple of days.

I really didn't like it at all, too light, too small, too skitty. Every bump pushed it off line, nearly came off it once. Was extremely happy to get it in the garage.

I am 6'2" and 13 stone. Felt like I was riding one of those mini bike things.

Not enough power either compared to a cbf125 or xl125.

Great for my daughter though, she is quite small and only went round town and a couple of longer runs. Shame to see it in the state it's in though.

I really didn't like it at all, too light, too small, too skitty. Every bump pushed it off line, nearly came off it once. Was extremely happy to get it in the garage.

I ride something similar, usually in the summer with an open face helmet, jeans and a t-shirt, it's like riding a 60 mph BMX bike, all the above is why I like it, it sharpens my skills, looking out for the fastest lines to keep the motor buzzing and missing bumps and bandings, would I let my daughter ride it? NO

Did you pony up and get one? I ask because I am looking at these and would love to get some impressions from an owner in the UK as a comparison with the US and asian posts.

Not yet, no point buying anything over winter months for it to sit in the workshop doing nothing.
Still very much interested in these little bikes....will get serious once biking season is back with us :)

Lars any update? how are you getting on with yours?

I had a look at one of these in my local Honda shop, it's priced at £2699 OTR, I'm sure there would be a discount available, did Lars do a write up of hit time with one, I could be tempted as I'm after a new toy. I also looked at the CRF 250 L, quite fancy having a go on one of them.

The MSX I had was only borrowed from work...but a great little machine. I was even thinking of buying one myself, but went for a more practical scooter instead!:eek:

CRF250L I have ridden as well. They are fun too and very capable off road - only the tyres are a bit basic...

There are some tricked up MSX's on Utube, I may get one as a wee project and spend some time getting it modded, I'd like a go on one first though..

Back
Top Bottom