TE 630 exhaust options

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
I'm after replacing the 2-1-2 system on a TE630 with a 2-1 system, mainly to get rid of the high up weight of two hoooge silencers, both with CATs in.

So far, the only stuff that seems available in this country are replacement silencers (Leo Vinci, GPR etc). Yes they have no CAT so are lighter but I'd still rather have a full system with just the one silencer.

Before I go down the route of talking to fabricators does anybody have any info that may help?

Andres

I'm after replacing the 2-1-2 system on a TE630 with a 2-1 system, mainly to get rid of the high up weight of two hoooge silencers, both with CATs in.

So far, the only stuff that seems available in this country are replacement silencers (Leo Vinci, GPR etc). Yes they have no CAT so are lighter but I'd still rather have a full system with just the one silencer.

Before I go down the route of talking to fabricators does anybody have any info that may help?

Andres

the gpr system is great and you can chop and change bits ie with cat and gpr exhaust as ive done with my terra

the gpr system is great and you can chop and change bits ie with cat and gpr exhaust as ive done with my terra

Yeah, I like the quality of their stuff, also looks good and a reasonable price - they just don't do, AFAIK, a full single silencer system..............

Andres

Not sure if the 610sm will also fit have a look at the one I saw the other day with full system as as racing eBay no 370908270420

Thanks finn :beerjug:

I've been comparing the headers to pictures of my old 610 as at first I thought they were standard. They're not though, defo a full system as claimed. Interestingly, the guys selling the bike (SS Racing), were given to me as a contact so I'll buzz them this week and see if they know if it will fit a 630.....................

Andres

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!nsFIIr7yUp5BSH2427iN!~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqN,!nsFIIr7yUp5BSH2427iN!~~60_12.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,020
Thanks finn :beerjug:

I've been comparing the headers to pictures of my old 610 as at first I thought they were standard. They're not though, defo a full system as claimed. Interestingly, the guys selling the bike (SS Racing), were given to me as a contact so I'll buzz them this week and see if they know if it will fit a 630.....................

Andres

Stuart is the guy at as you need to talk to also Moly and Bert were running 630 for the bbr a couple of years ago woth a shout as well

Well, for now, finances have dictated fitting a pair of VERY reasonably priced titanium Arrow silencers.

Fitting was a bit tricky as the silencers had to be rotated to get the heat shields to line up yet still allow the side panels to locate properly - anyway, after much swearing they are now on and I'm very happy with them. I've also cleaned up the rear end with a tail tidy and bendy number plate.

Weight of the old silencers was 6.4kg and these weigh in at exactly half that; 3.2kg (that's the combined weight of both silencers). As the weight's high up I'm hoping I'll notice the difference out on the trails.

My only concern is they are LOUD...........a lovely deep note at low revs and a very aggressive rasp on revving it up...........not so good for the trails round here so I need to quieten them down a bit.

Oh, and that exhaust looked so much sexier with the heat shields off, why are they soooooo ugly? Another job for the future.................

Here's some pictures and vid (which doesn't really give any idea of how loud they are!).

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/csJ711oj0W8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andres

So sound like my gpr on my terra put a db killer on but still very loud will have to see how it goes!

I think that sounds nice, not to loud :thumb2 the Leovince on my single is much louder and sounds somehow cheap. reminds me of a chav boy racer car :blast I must get round to changing it but nothing good ever comes up for sale :roll eyes: Acro in anybody's shed to fit a Xchall???

You probably know this but the arrow badges have a white protective film om them which peals off.
Happy new year:beer:

I think that sounds nice, not to loud :thumb2 the Leovince on my single is much louder and sounds somehow cheap. reminds me of a chav boy racer car :blast I must get round to changing it but nothing good ever comes up for sale :roll eyes: Acro in anybody's shed to fit a Xchall???

Well, I've just been out for a blat on it and they are LOUD - a really lovely sound but being the responsible chap that I am :rolleyes: I'm a bit worried about pissing off peeps in the Peaks on it, we get enough grief up there without adding to the ramblers ammo.............. I'l admit I'm in a quandary though as they do sound bloody lovely!

One thing I hadn't expected was the improvement in performance. I've already disconnected the Lamda and fitted the 'power up' plug but was still unhappy with throttle response and was gonna get the bike remapped to address this. However, the exhausts have all but sorted this; pick up is instantaneous (like a decent carb set up) and it pulls better and (not so important) revs out perfectly. The only trait it still has is slight surging at constant throttle in town. Reckon I'll still get a dyno run/remap done just to check the fueling is ok and hopefully sort the surging but, performance wise, she's now spot on for me.

Andres

Well, I've just been out for a blat on it and they are LOUD - a really lovely sound but being the responsible chap that I am :rolleyes: I'm a bit worried about pissing off peeps in the Peaks on it, we get enough grief up there without adding to the ramblers ammo.............. I'l admit I'm in a quandary though as they do sound bloody lovely!

One thing I hadn't expected was the improvement in performance. I've already disconnected the Lamda and fitted the 'power up' plug but was still unhappy with throttle response and was gonna get the bike remapped to address this. However, the exhausts have all but sorted this; pick up is instantaneous (like a decent carb set up) and it pulls better and (not so important) revs out perfectly. The only trait it still has is slight surging at constant throttle in town. Reckon I'll still get a dyno run/remap done just to check the fueling is ok and hopefully sort the surging but, performance wise, she's now spot on for me.

Andres

Does it go better with or without the white stickers on :D

Being slightly more responsible than Andres, I decided that the Arrow cans were a little hard on the ears. Not wanting the old boat anchors back on, I took the cans to NRP exhausts at Bilsthorpe and he made and welded in 2 restrictors. The pipes are still straight through, just the restrictors at the ends. Much quieter, the restrictors really take the hard edge off the exhaust note while retaining a nice sound. £20 to make and fit restrictors to both cans.

DB Killer.jpg

I have removed the snorkel and opened up the air box a bit. The filter tends to bulge at the opening, so I tried to leave the tabs in place to hold the filter back while maximising the opening in the area behind the side panel. I have also got the software / cable set up to access the Mikuni iBeat and been messing with the fuelling, especially now it should be getting a bit more air in through the filter to match the open exhaust. Going to need to do some runs now to see what works best.

Air Box Mod.jpg

That looks a really neat job on the exhausts, nice one Owen and something I really should have sorted ages ago :rolleyes:

I'm interested to see how you get on with the breathing mods once you've had a chance to play ~ the engine's are pokey enough as they are but if you can improve the pick up (something that I preferred on my previous carb'd model) and general low to mid fuelling I'd call that a proper result :)

Just a thought........ If there's no intention to 'off road' have you considered disconnecting (removing?) the airbox and running a Ramair type filter straight off the throttle body? It'd certainly look cool if nothing else.......

Andres

Back
Top Bottom