Additional power point

GS Bloke

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to fit another fuse box for my satnav, phone charger etc etc.
ideally one where it is part relay (power goes off when bike is off) and part perm power, nippy norm has a couple but before I buy I wondered what others maybe using and any recommendations?
Ta

I used the plug for spotlights for my Autocom, this will probably power quite a bit, you can get the 3 pin connectors from E-Bay to plug into this so no need to hack Yamaha wiring, there is one on the right and left so you have at least two feeds to tap into to if not running spots

I used the plug for spotlights for my Autocom, this will probably power quite a bit, you can get the 3 pin connectors from E-Bay to plug into this so no need to hack Yamaha wiring, there is one on the right and left so you have at least two feeds to tap into to if not running spots

Hi. Have you got a link for the plugs. Have searched long and hard with no joy.

Loudpedal

Hi. Have you got a link for the plugs. Have searched long and hard with no joy.

Loudpedal

You will find 2 blanked off leads under the right cover near the battery. One has a connector to fit the heated grips, the other has connections for accessory lamps. Each plug has 4 wires including 1 earth, 1 permanent live and 1 switched live. The heated grips connector is Sumitomo branded as here http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/sealed.html - you only need the crimps as the plastic body is already present. They are readily available on Ebay. I used this connector to wire in my Daytona heated grips.

Search here for details of the other type of connector as I haven't got time to find it for you http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/

I had to get mine from the US, there are a number of Sumitomo connectors available on E-Bay, but I could not find any of this type.

Hi

Thanks for all the help guys
Wessie's link to the Yamaha super tenere forum post help sort it for me.

Loudpedal

hi guys
on the 14 ZE It only has 1 of the 3 pin plug connectors and a square 4 pin . i was using the 3 pin to power comms and sat nav but iv just fitted spot lamps . so where do i draw power from for comms and nav ?? there is no power in the 4 pin :blast . something quick n simple

Back
Top Bottom