The BMW Scooters are to stop being sold in the UK in 2014

Robbo1200ADV

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
According to MaxiMuppets Forum . Must say though I liked mine for the 3 months I had it , the T Max I traded in for it is a better bike . Shame , as I also sold an Adventure to have just one bike . After 3 months it did not tick the boxes and I traded it for one of the last Adventures with all the £1800 worth of freebies . Glad I did , though it cost me money , I am happy with my current bike . Will look at the E Scooter when its out though . Shame its not been the success they hoped , but more work needed I think . They have sold thousands in Europe though

I think the price is a big issue… most Maxi scoots are around the £5-6k mark and the BMW is £10k+. With the Maxi market being a bit limited in the UK, I can't say I'm that surprised it's not been a huge success. Shame though, looks like a decent scoot when I've seen them at the dealers.

According to MaxiMuppets Forum . Must say though I liked mine for the 3 months I had it , the T Max I traded in for it is a better bike . Shame , as I also sold an Adventure to have just one bike . After 3 months it did not tick the boxes and I traded it for one of the last Adventures with all the £1800 worth of freebies . Glad I did , though it cost me money , I am happy with my current bike . Will look at the E Scooter when its out though . Shame its not been the success they hoped , but more work needed I think . They have sold thousands in Europe though

Not surprised it has been a complete disaster

Too expensive

Probably explains the latest 0% Apr and thousand quid towards the deposit deal that's just been announced.

I've only ridden the "Sport" and loved it. It is too much money though.

BMW may be coining it in with the GS, the 1000RR etc, but they keep missing the target with their other ventures, building bikes (the G650 series plus 450 enduro jobbie) and scooters that the majority in this country don't want.

It's more that BMW(GB) miss the market (occasionally). It's they who decide which models they think will sell in this market.

BMW may be coining it in with the GS, the 1000RR etc, but they keep missing the target with their other ventures, building bikes (the G650 series plus 450 enduro jobbie) and scooters that the majority in this country don't want.

Great bikes, just misunderstood initially and now seem to be holding up well secondhand

Ultimately still all flops no matter how you sugar coat it. The road going Huskys also fall into that bracket.

Suit yourself, BMW's problem is not the bikes.......................they price them too high and balls up

Still rather have an X than a Versys:D

Suit yourself, BMW's problem is not the bikes.......................they price them too high and balls up

Still rather have an X than a Versys:D

I toured Spain on a Versys and it did everything you'd want from a bike. Maybe a bit revvy but really comfortable and easy to live with. They change hands for next to nothing these days. There are at least two I know of in full touring spec and great condition for under £2.5k. They make a good "second" bike and their reliability is far better than some marques. I sold mine to buy a CB 1000 but wouldn't say it was a huge step up.

Still quite fancy the X though :D

Still rather have an X than a Versys

Ok - alongside the Xcountry in the garage sits a Versys. The Xcountry is a bundle of fun and nothing like the Versys, the Versys is more a competitor for the R1200GS, except half the price and more reliable.:augie

Au contraire.................hardly lush is it - a Versys:rolleyes:

I really don't know why you've decided to drag the Kawasaki Versys into this discussion.
Especially as the Versys alone has possibly out-sold all those poor selling BM's added together and cannot be deemed a failure in any way.

:nenau

Back
Top Bottom