magneto rework

hodge1150

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience of magneto repairers. I have a couple of M01 mags which are past their best (norton single mags) and I would welcome recommendations from the collective as there seem to be several out there.
cheers
Hodge

Hiya Hodge

Personally up your way I would probably say FTW in Shefield,
He does a 2 year warranty on all rebuilds, and he's done a few for us over the years.
Check to see if it will need re-magnetising as well, as this all adds to the costs

HTH
Neil

On your advice I popped over to FTW, I liked their attitude and I half remembered going there 20 odd years ago but didnt know they were still going. They operate out of a (very well equipped) shed behind a house. Real old school bikers. I had 2 mags rebult and 2 dynamos restored by them (900 beer tokens). I havent checked them out yet (I havent got the Nortons up and running yet) but the mags look like new externally and have a healthy spark..... they obviously care about their work which bodes well.

That sounds like a good recommendation, I'll make a note of them :thumb.

A bit late for me though, I recently sent an old & incomplete BTH Mag off to "The Magneto Guys" down in East Sussex. I'm expecting it back around end-March at a cost of about £330. Hopefully it will keep the Panther running (when I finish the restoration). I'll report back on it when I receive it.

Could we see some pics of the Nortons please :clap :clap.

Bob.

Back
Top Bottom