New threat, response required now!

Steve R

Reaction score
PEAK DISTRICT SURVEY Due to the growing pressure from various groups in the Peak District, the Derbyshire Dales Council are conducting a survey to develop a picture of the lane / trail usage in Derbyshire. This is likely to be very "rambler biased" unless as many Trial and Trials riders respond. Closing date is 17th Jan 2005. By looking at www.enduro.freeserve.co.uk you can download a form that be printed off and sent FREEPOST - or filled in when it opens on screen and hit the SUBMIT button at the bottom. Take the 10 minutes to fill it in and ensure our vehicular needs are not overlooked.

The above is from the MCC webletter. I've just noticed this now and it's frightening. We all MUST fill in the web form and submit it this weekend. We must also complain about its bias. In the section regarding things that might put people off using the lanes is a nice button to click marked 'The presence of motorised vehicles'. No button marked 'Ignorant and abusive ramblers', 'Dangerous mountain bikers' or 'Paths churned to a quagmire by horses' (or 4x4s!). This is bias in the consultation process. I've already filled this form in and indicated at the end that if it results in more pressure on vehicle users I will be complaining. You all need to do the same. NOW.

Another point I forgot to put in my response to them. We go to the Peak District, fill up with petrol, buy our expensive pub lunches, buy Mars bars and orange juice. Ramblers go to the Peak District with their measly little packed lunches having filled their cars up in Tescos because it's cheap and not far from their dreary little 3 bed semi on the outskirts of Sheffield. Exactly who is supporting the countryside here?

You need to pass this information on to everyone you know this weekend who's been riding / driving in the Peak District, ever. The deadline is Monday.

Steve Rutherford
Bradwell
Peak District

I just posted my reply and I have to admit, I probably set us back about 50 years.

When it came to the horse riding piece, I'm afraid I couldn't contain myself.

Pompous, self righteous, stuck up, bow legged pieces of worthless s..t and that's just the horses.

See...there I go again.

Why is it, when we are surrounded by perfectly good fields, they walk in the road and crap all over the advanced line.

I go to derbyshire on my bike and crap all over their bridalways, just to get even !

I had a go at the ramblers too. Driving to the area, parking all over grass verges and emptying their ashtrays on the ground before they drive of, usually in third gear with the nearside indicator still flashing. Morons.

See, we can all generalise, can't we.

Stay cool, that's what I say

yeh right......

Back
Top Bottom