New test in MOT

dancerdave

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got my 1150 mot'd today and the tester told me they're bringing in the brake test for bikes next year using the current equipment used for cars.
Obviously not a biker who thought that one up as it doesn't seem very safe to be putting a single tyre into those rollers :eek:

That is a bit odd. My local MOT centre has tested the brakes on my bikes for years. Maybe he has just been a bit keen?

Matt

Mine's been on the rollers for the brake test for years. On the GSA I have to be on the bike doing it because the MOT tester can't get on it.

Mine has rope through the forks going to a set of old scales and a hand winch fixed to the wall :thumb

Got my 1150 mot'd today and the tester told me they're bringing in the brake test for bikes next year using the current equipment used for cars.
Obviously not a biker who thought that one up as it doesn't seem very safe to be putting a single tyre into those rollers :eek:

You want to try speedo checks at 30 and 60 on a rolling road if you want to keep adrenaline levels up!!

I think your confusing this type of brake tester with a rolling road or a car brake tester.

http://youtu.be/S5c5zpBIfTY

Dave I surely hope to Fuck they don't use the existing !!!!

Plus there are a right number of Fcuking Numpties in the test centres that haven't a Fcuking notion about motorcycles and probably would try and use the existing!

Rule should be you can ONLY test the bikes if you ride/rode a motorcycle!

For our pals from outside of Norn Iron! Due to some wondrous law or other, test centres here are government run entities with Civil Servants doing the testing

Quite frankly the last 3 tests I have been through have left me very much less than underwhelmed!

3 ball joints to change yet on removal all were serviceable and nowhere near failing ??? I am now 100% sure this guy needs glasses but Who do you complain to??

I think your confusing this type of brake tester with a rolling road or a car brake tester.

http://youtu.be/S5c5zpBIfTY

Dave I surely hope to Fuck they don't use the existing !!!!

Plus there are a right number of Fcuking Numpties in the test centres that haven't a Fcuking notion about motorcycles and probably would try and use the existing!

Rule should be you can ONLY test the bikes if you ride/rode a motorcycle!

For our pals from outside of Norn Iron! Due to some wondrous law or other, test centres here are government run entities with Civil Servants doing the testing

Quite frankly the last 3 tests I have been through have left me very much less than underwhelmed!

3 ball joints to change yet on removal all were serviceable and nowhere near failing ??? I am now 100% sure this guy needs glasses but Who do you complain to??

Yes Jay it is the existing rollers. He said all the examiners have been asked who has a bike licence so that they can carry out the test. None of them fancy doing it. I'll have to get that bigger disc now for the 100GS!

Years ago there was a small village forge in St Mary Bourne (i think) that used to do MOT's, he had a slope behind his workshop, and we'd back the bike up the slope he'd jump on and test the brakes against gravity! Once i went there and we backed the bike up the slope he jumped on and said 'OK!' So i let go the front brake that i'd been holding, it soon became obvious he had no control over the brake and had said 'OK?' as more of a question, whoosh he shot down the slope across the small gravel yard and into the pile of tarpaulins and old oil drums that garages would have in those days. No damage done and a good laugh was had:D

Two years ago the tester took my Africa Twin onto the rollers to check the brakes,I thought he was going to ride it down to the far end at the exit doors.He started up the rollers and when they stopped he shot backwards and almost fell off,He was not as tall as me and i thought this IS going to end in tears he also did the same with the Rear brake.I can see this ending with a really expensive bike getting dropped and all hell breaking out.This was at Newtownards the following year no rollers.Francis

Two years ago the tester took my Africa Twin onto the rollers to check the brakes,
Francis

I'd have kicked the fecker in the nads (when he was off my bike of course :rob) and shouted to get to Fuck out of it When He was trying to get into the tester!!!!

Here's a Note they have NO insurance to be riding your bike NEVER let them ride it or move it unaccompanied!

Also If you only have a sidestand you Do not have to lift the front wheel off the ground for them to test steering head bearings using it!!! Unless you are sure that it wont break and wish to assist the tester :thumb

If they want to do that they can buy the proper stands etc Feck Them There's MOT testing and there's being stupid anal twats!

There's only a few boys I know that I'd trust to carry out a test on my bike! But then again it's 99% right going up to test!

I'd Like to just say that the majority of teh MOT testers are good lads (and a couple of lasses now) but there's a few that have the Rulebook so far up their arse they need a camera down their throat to read it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom