Schafbergspitze,Austria

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks, has anyone here ?. I'm thinking about going next year but info is quite limited.

Stever1.

Had a look at the area on Google as thinking of an Austrian trip this year,looking at many areas as a base. Have a look if you have not seen little video, gives impression of area. Look on google earth, Alpine Roads.com and John Hermann guide to Alps passes. Also every Alps Hotel usually have routes for motorcycles. Message hotels and ask. Also if you or friend going to NEC bike show, chat to everybody and gather info and free maps and guides. I have a map on European pass roads, German in origin, I look at areas I am visiting and consult this map and others. Plotting ,planning over winter, great fun. Hope this helps.:thumby:

Andrew

Yea, we were staying in St Wolfgang and went for a run up the Spitze. Well worth the trip, obviously if the sun is shining. The views are fantastic from the top, can see about 3 of the lakes from the top.
We had lunch in the hotel restaurant, it was packed but you get served pretty quick, the staff are used to getting big lunch groups.

Also I was interested to see the steam engines on the trains, small engines with all workings on show.

Stever1.

Had a look at the area on Google as thinking of an Austrian trip this year,looking at many areas as a base. Have a look if you have not seen little video, gives impression of area. Look on google earth, Alpine Roads.com and John Hermann guide to Alps passes. Also every Alps Hotel usually have routes for motorcycles. Message hotels and ask. Also if you or friend going to NEC bike show, chat to everybody and gather info and free maps and guides. I have a map on European pass roads, German in origin, I look at areas I am visiting and consult this map and others. Plotting ,planning over winter, great fun. Hope this helps.:thumby:

Andrew

It was seeing the train on TV which made me want to go there, but I want to stay in the hotel.

Yea, we were staying in St Wolfgang and went for a run up the Spitze. Well worth the trip, obviously if the sun is shining. The views are fantastic from the top, can see about 3 of the lakes from the top.
We had lunch in the hotel restaurant, it was packed but you get served pretty quick, the staff are used to getting big lunch groups.

Also I was interested to see the steam engines on the trains, small engines with all workings on show.

Did you happen to notice if they have any bike parking at the station ?. We are thinking of booking 2 night at the hotel at the top and just doing the tourist thing in the middle day.

Bike Parking

Hi, yes there is parking areas for motors at the station area, not particularly just for bikes........

Here's a couple of photos from the top....

I was thinking of doing it on the way down to you - ref the PM earlier in the week. :D

Good Idea! If you can pick up any info, brochures etc please bring them along so we can share with our guests.

John

Back
Top Bottom