The luck o' the Irish.............

What else is there to do in Belmullet in Winter?????

blacksod

no wonder the young lads love going to the Gaeltacht up there

Great spot. Havent been there in about 3/4 yrs. When we go out there, no tv, just music and some books. Meat from the butcher in Belmullet is great.

Great spot. Havent been there in about 3/4 yrs. When we go out there, no tv, just music and some books. Meat from the butcher in Belmullet is great.

Had a crackin' 2 days in Mayo. Didn't make it all the way to Blacksod as I got too distracted in the Newport area! Got back sat night, then headed to Carlingford on Sunday for Chowder. I've had worse weekends! Next time your heading to Blacksod you should stop off at Kelly's butchers in Newport, compare his produce to the Belmullet butchers. He does some amazing pudding and sausages.

:aidan

Nice one Zed.....

that sounds ike a good weekend all in all. Nice bit of mieage too :cool:

I take it you got the weather ? Bright enough in Dublin the weekend anyway.

I was in Newport few yrs ago ( bit of sea angling ), nice spot. Very quiet which is good. Westport has lost its charm now I think....gone too big / busy (?).

Will look up that butchers for sure...cant beat nice sausages & pudding !!

;)

Yep

Did'nt go to Mayo on the bike, but it wasn't for weather reasons. Had a dog and lots of stuff to carry down. Westport is a great town, but can be a bit busy, especially in summer. Newport is a grand spot. Did you do your sea fishing with Mike Rashleigh out of Newport? Or Mary Gavin Hughes in Rockfleet?

Seanie Kelly's sausages are the best, and his Putog is the business!

I did manage a spin on the GS on sunday to meet up with a few from here in Carlingford though; that was good craic!

:thumb

Back
Top Bottom