green laning round london on a gs

I did a bit once around Shere (surrey). Cames to the following conclusions:
- a big heavy bike sinks into sand
- a GS is a heavy bike to pick-up
- My GS was too new and shiney to trash doing this
- I need to buy a 2nd bike for green lanes.

I do have some GPS tracks of the G lanes. recorded from the inside of a Landrover, which doesn't fall over (yet)

Karl,

I had lots of fun on my old 80G/S in my London days. Lots of mud but nothing too technical (from memory:rolleyes: ).
I'd be interested in a weekends riding if you want to arrange it. Dates/permission:)rolleyes: ) pending.

Spout said:
I'd be interested in a weekends riding if you want to arrange it. Dates/permission:)rolleyes: ) pending.

Ditto! Live in London (Fulham) as long as dates are free then very keen to get some money-worth out of these TKC80's I have on.... ;)

I read a post a while back about greenlanes down around Reigate & Boxhill.

We are a group of GS riders who often go out laning around London. We do most of the local counties. If you want to come out with us you are very welcome.

Three of us have been riding off road for years. But we have a couple of total begginers too, so we do the route best suited to the slowest rider on that day.

Give me a call and i will get back to you.

Tony Allen 07830 288 080 1150 gs ADV

Ktm Chap.
I have put your mobile no in my phone. next time a do something local i will call you.

Do you not use the BMW off road? Herts is good for a big bike if you fancy bringing that out one day.

Do you ever go to Voyager mc? , good shop. Its in Borders Lane Loughton. we often meet up in there for a cuppa and a chat, to sort out a ride.

The owner Bob, owns an Africa twin. He can put you in touch with lots of local riders.

I have been a bit dorment lately where laning is concerned.
my dad had a heart attack., and spent three months in barts. but he came home last week so i should be going out more often now.

Tony Allen

Tony

Yes I know Bob. I am having the TKC's fitted this weekend.

I think Bob is planning a bike bike trip to Thetford in a couple of weeks. I might tag along and christen the GS.

Dave

Minimum Preparation

Hi Tony
This might be a stupid question but do I have to "prepare" my 1150 GS for "green laning"? Are Nobblies essential or will my part worn tourances do it? I mean, it's not a trek to outer mongolia but I bet it can get scarey...

I suppose it is all down to what tracks you go on...Could you let me know what the minimum preparation required is please?

Cheers!

PS, hope your dad is getting better...

Gilson.

If we go to herts, you will be o.k on your roadys. just keep the speed down. most of the lanes there are hard pack so are very easy.

Give me your mobile no and i will phone you .
or you can phone me on 07830 288 080

You will have a great time.

Tony Allen

its not outer mongolia

Gilson.

I know roads in this country that make the road of bones look like a ride in the park......really.

Tony Allen:D

tyres

Dave,
dont pay silly money to have tyres changed.
Im only 10 mins from you and will change them for you or better still show you how to do it.

Tony Allen:beer:

Tony

ta for the offer, I always change the KTm's tyres, just too lazy to fit the GS's TKC's!

I was out with the TRF on Sunday, how was Thetford?

The GS is all ready to go.

Dave

Attachments

• bike copy.jpg
    bike copy.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 261
Hi all,

I'm out near Chelmsford, and will hopefully be getting my TKCs fitted tommorrow.

Would be interested in a lanin sesh whenever its on.

Dave 07979 328058

nice

Dave.

nice bike Dave.

I will get a day sorted in the next couple of weeks. On a Sunday.
We can do Herts first. Then on to surrey for more of a challenge, a week or two after that.

I have most of your numbers, so will be in touch. I am workin this Sun, so Sunday after is probably best.

Tony Allen

Back
Top Bottom