Please can someone help me with bloody basecamp?!

rampmonkey

Reaction score
Ok, so I've got the BMW Nav V (it was a freebie, i wouldn't ever spend that much on a satnav). Up until now, Ive used a TomTom Rider and Tyre to plan routes which I found very easy to use and import routes etc..

Ive been persevering with with this sodding Basecamp rubbish and it seems like a load of crap so far…

So here's my plea - has anyone got an idiots guide on how to use thing thing? All I want to do is plan a route from a to b and add in some waypoints to keep me off the motorways and on the roads of my choosing. I don't want to set dates or times that I'm going - i just want to make a damm route.

Im getting bald enough and can't afford to pull anymore hair out.

Thanks

EDIT: Please can a mod move this into the GPS info please, didn't realise id put in in the map source area

There are loads of 'How to...' videos on YouTube, you'd have to be an idiot not to find them.

Thanks for your invaluable help.

Anyone have a "how to" guide, Im sure others on here are experiencing similar problems.

click on the routing icon in the menu bar.

click on the departure point of the journey.

click on the end point of the journey.

click the cursor icon in the menu bar.

left click and hold on the route that has been drawn by basecamp. drag that to the road you prefer.

release held click.

repeat as necessary.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vnn0Uamy73Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A wee bit dated now (Basecamp has changed a little) but the principals remain the same. Go full screen and take the quality up to 720p HD for the best result.

Initial frustration with Basecamp is common. Stick with it and learn and you will be rewarded.

Back
Top Bottom