Front mudguard options?

Packer

Appreciating Scotland
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having had a dear deer encounter I need a new front mudguard, among other things for the S10. Can anyone point me in the direction of alternatives to the standard Yam item which threw in the towel, 3 of the 4 mountings shattered. Hopefully something a bit tougher although I don't plane to put it to the test!

If it provided more protection for the forks as well that would be good.

Having had a dear deer encounter I need a new front mudguard, among other things for the S10. Can anyone point me in the direction of alternatives to the standard Yam item which threw in the towel, 3 of the 4 mountings shattered. Hopefully something a bit tougher although I don't plane to put it to the test!

If it provided more protection for the forks as well that would be good.

Just as some food for thought. Sometimes mountings are designed to be weaker so they shear and therefore don't trash whatever they are fixed to in the case of an impact. In this case the forks.

Just as some food for thought. Sometimes mountings are designed to be weaker so they shear and therefore don't trash whatever they are fixed to in the case of an impact. In this case the forks.

Thanks for that observation Melch, it's a valid point and the lack of other responses with alternatives suggest most folk replace with standard.

The lower outer panel at over £250 is a bit of a shocker as well. Must be a major profit centre for Yamaha I'd have thought. That or low sales mean they're trying to recoup tooling costs. I might take a mould off the new one so that I can make one from GRP the next time, if there's a next time.

Back
Top Bottom