K1100rs Trim

de crowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am reassembling my 1994 K1100rs after some light body work repair. The trim within the fairing, particularly where the temp gauge and fuel gauge are fitted have faded to a charcoal/ greyish shade. Apart from spraying "back to black" which does not last very long, is there any thing else I can do to revitalise the black colour?
Thanks

I'm not that familiar with the 1100RS. Is the trim plastic or rubber? If plastic the trick with a hot air gun will bring it back to original. If it's rubber, you can try Gummi Plege (available on ebay), it will clean and restore rubber, plus it acts as a preservative.

Old trick is to apply peanut butter (smooth is better :D) however if the plastic is a bit long in the tooth and has been bleached by the sun, it may be worth getting an aerosol of plastic paint and re colour, make sure plastics are thoroughly cleaned prior to application, and buy paint with a built in adhesion promoter, E.G. Sem products.

If it's plastic, try this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R9tDq1oRy9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom