PDA

View Full Version : R1100GS long term project

mikeyboy
06-02-14, 21:41
five years from now my wife and i plan to take a few months out and travel to mongolia.:D
if all goes to plan we aim to have a bike in tip top condition to travel on.
over the last few years i have had a real urge to build an overland style sidecar outfit.:eek:
i have bought and sold a couple of bikes with this in mind,also a sidecar.but for one reason or another the two lumps of metal never got bolted together and got sold on.
the bikes were a triumph tiger 955 and a 1980's z1000st shafty.
the sidecar was a squire and was never a real contender.
i also seriously considered building a chair and putting it on my 1200gs but,the 1200 is just too good a solo bike to do this to,and if i am totally honest with myself,i dont think the swingarm and transmission on a 1200 is really up to the task.
i considered most adventure style bikes,even a guzzi ,but realistically there was only one real contender,it also had to be cheap as i would totally pull it to bits and replace everything that could or would break.so there was no point in spending top money on a nice clean example.
so on sunday i collected this

mikeyboy
06-02-14, 21:49
it was a insurance cat c and had been been sat in a garage for a few years .
after a good steam clean here it is installed in the workshop.
a few close ups to show its bad points

mikeyboy
06-02-14, 21:56
some more pics

peepingtom
06-02-14, 21:58
well you've got plenty of time to sort it out :D and you can spread the costs:thumb

Fanum has built a great outfit using an 1100 and turned out really well, theres a thread somewhere for your ideas.

Bendy toy
06-02-14, 22:04
A zinc plating kit could be a good investment and the powder coaters will be busy. But good luck with it.

Kevin Burton of Derby is one of the few wheel builders who does crossed spoke wheels. 01332369085

I hate chairs with a vengeance but I would use a mono wheel trailer. Something like a Bob Yak but bigger. They carry weight without upsetting the bike's C of G.

Kaister
06-02-14, 22:04
Hope you got it cheap - looks like a lot of corrosion going on

mikeyboy
06-02-14, 22:10
the object of this project is to build a bike "fit for purpose" it will not win any shows:D
that said any parts it needs it will get.also i have about 2 years to build it so dont expect it to be done this summer.
feel free to take the piss or add constructive comments.
this week i pulled it apart to see if i had bought a turd.

DrAlf
06-02-14, 22:17
You're not hanging about are you?! I don't reckon it looks too bad TBH.

How many miles has it done and what's your build plan? What chair and what forks? Following with interest.

mikeyboy
06-02-14, 22:19
the first epic "fail",no amount of heat would allow the r/h swingarm pivot to come undone ,so more drastic measures were required.:D
also it goes without saying that all of the exhaust studs snapped off:blast

mikeyboy
06-02-14, 22:26
it has a few good points,its the later model so it has the better gearbox,
it is also an abs model so it has the 50amp alternator.
oh,it also has a tool kit

mikeyboy
06-02-14, 22:38
4 days into ownership and here it is.
my starting point.
its no worse than i expected,the engine will remain untouched i will just remove the flaking powder coat and refinish.
the gearbox oil was spotless and the shafts feel smooth when turned so will be left alone.
virtually everthing else will be overhauled or replaced.
unfortunately the frame bracket for the fairing/beak is cracked so that needs straightening/rewelding.

mikeyboy
06-02-14, 22:57
You're not hanging about are you?! I don't reckon it looks too bad TBH.

How many miles has it done and what's your build plan? What chair and what forks? Following with interest.
its done 60k so its just about run in,the sidecar will be built from scratch and will be rugged and simple,i will stick with the stock forks for the moment but will probably modify the fork bridge and telelever arm to reduce the trail if it needs it.
i dont want to fit car wheels or leading links as i just want it simple.

mikeyboy
06-02-14, 23:03
it was cheap enough (for a GS)
the corrosion is about normal for a well used GS in the uk.
as i said before i wasnt going to pay top dollar for a nice example ,given what i am doing to it.
it would be a bit daft to pay top money for a nice low mileage bike,then strip it and chuck 1/2 worn parts away.
all in all i am happy with what i have bought

mikeyboy
06-02-14, 23:04
it was cheap enough (for a GS)
the corrosion is about normal for a well used GS in the uk.
as i said before i wasnt going to pay top dollar for a nice example ,given what i am doing to it.
it would be a bit daft to pay top money for a nice low mileage bike,then strip it and chuck 1/2 worn parts away.
all in all i am happy with what i have bought

jackass dave
07-02-14, 13:29
good luck with it it looks like you have a nice workshop there plus a mans got to have a hobby

mikeyboy
15-02-14, 21:19
this week i drilled /helicoiled the snapped off exhaust studs

mikeyboy
15-02-14, 21:23
and made a start roughing out the steelwork for the mounting subframe for the sidecar

mikeyboy
15-02-14, 21:34
can you tell what it is yet

mikeyboy
15-02-14, 21:38
here you go:D
who needs touratech:thumby:

mikeyboy
15-02-14, 21:41
it fits here:thumb2

mikeyboy
15-02-14, 21:48
few more

mcinlb
16-02-14, 09:13
Jesus man, if that's a new frame you're making, it could do with a tidy up...........

p.s. it'll weigh a ton..........

Bendy toy
16-02-14, 10:06
Sidecars only need tubular mounting arms to create a cross braced attachment. My Squire had four IIRC. Left and right thread ball end joints would allow geometry adjustment.

Why replace the telelever with a clunky Leading link fork? And how are you going to attach the top and bottom fork yokes to a frame with no Headstock?

Leading links allowed the compromised frame built for telescopic forks to cope with sidecar side and steering forces. Telelever doesn't have that compromise but the legs might need reinforcement.

mikeyboy
16-02-14, 10:14
Jesus man, if that's a new frame you're making, it could do with a tidy up...........

nice to see a positive response.:blast
these plates are just roughed out.
as for the weight it is unimportant,the only thing that is important is that it will not break,or break the engine and gearbox casings.
this bike is being built to be ridden fully laden on unmade roads day after day @20k mile trip.
a few kilo's for the subframe is small fry when you consider it will be carrying up to 60kg of fuel and water plus spare tyres,wheels,tools,camping gear and food.:thumb2

ianboydsnr
16-02-14, 10:19
Liking this build thread :beerjug:

edzt
16-02-14, 10:41

give the guy a break, I'm impressed:beerjug:

Bendy toy
16-02-14, 11:18
The sidecar mounts will need much thought.

Sidecar attachments all at one level will crack how ever heavily made. For ultimate strength 2 high level tubes between car and bike and 2 low level will work. Angle braces then triangulate the structure. You might need only a single horizontal high level tube. This effectively copies sports car suspension except it won't move. Strong and light with minimal bending moments.

It allows forces to go where the bike is strong enough to cope and the necessary geometry is adjustment so the rig can be made driveable.

Have you considered a parallelogram linkage that allows the sidecar to lean with the bike.? This solves all the heavy structural issues as there will be no side forces.

Also what about a mono wheel trailer (leans with the bike) to carry additional fuel and equipment.

peepingtom
16-02-14, 11:45
looking great love the foot pegs great idea .

this may be of interest :thumb2

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?317308-New-build-nearly-from-scratch-on-an-1100&highlight=fanum+sidecar

peepingtom
16-02-14, 11:46
give the guy a break, I'm impressed:beerjug:

:thumb2:clap:clap:clap

mikeyboy
16-02-14, 12:25
The sidecar mounts will need much thought.

Sidecar attachments all at one level will crack how ever heavily made. For ultimate strength 2 high level tubes between car and bike and 2 low level will work. Angle braces then triangulate the structure. You might need only a single horizontal high level tube. This effectively copies sports car suspension except it won't move. Strong and light with minimal bending moments.

It allows forces to go where the bike is strong enough to cope and the necessary geometry is adjustment so the rig can be made driveable.

Have you considered a parallelogram linkage that allows the sidecar to lean with the bike.? This solves all the heavy structural issues as there will be no side forces.

Also what about a mono wheel trailer (leans with the bike) to carry additional fuel and equipment.
i have probably spent best part of two years looking at different bikes before deciding on the 1100,specifically with the mounting points in mind,i have looked at fanums build in great detail .:thumb2
it would have been a lot easier to have chosen a bike with a proper frame,but nothing else ticked all of MY boxes.
unfortunately the 1100 has only 4 areas where the mounts can be attached,these are all part of the engine/gearbox castings.the load from the side car will have to be spread over all of them without any flex,if the subframe flexes it WILL break either the lower crankcase or the gearbox casing.
if this happens once the trip is underway it will be game over!
two years and a lot of money building the bike will be wasted,in addition to this all of the organisation and planning will be for nothing,also the opportunity to take this length of time out of work will be lost.
with all this in mind, yes the subframe will be heavy.:D:D
it has to keep 250kg of bike and at least 200kg of sidecar and payload bolted together over unmade roads,in russia,mongolia ,turkey etc..
mike

mikeyboy
24-02-14, 23:15
Why replace the telelever with a clunky Leading link fork? And how are you going to attach the top and bottom fork yokes to a frame with no Headstock? .
i have just reread the whole thread to see where i had suggested that i was fitting leading links ,:confused::confused:
i will be keeping the telelever and will shorten the front "swing arm",then i will extend the fork bridge.
this will effectivly reduce the trail,without extending the rake.and will not lower the ride height.:cool:
mike

mikeyboy
24-02-14, 23:39
i have made a fair bit of progress on the subframe over the last week or so,and will post some more pics this week.
its mainly fabrication stuff and tidying up.i will weigh the subframe as i am interested to know what it will weigh.
unfortunately for the project, work has picked up and i need to crack on with earning a living:blast

mikeyboy
02-03-14, 12:49
here are the component parts of the sub frame,first photo shows them loosely assembled so you get an idea how it all fits.
now to start radiusing and finishing up prior to welding it all together.
lots more to do

mikeyboy
02-03-14, 12:52
who needs "hard parts":D:D

mikeyboy
02-03-14, 12:55
drilling and tapping threads for the "bashplate"

mikeyboy
02-03-14, 12:57
waiting for materials till the end of the week:comfort
then i can start work on the upper mount and the bashplate:thumb2

NeilDD
02-03-14, 14:26
Mikey,
Looks good :thumby:

A suggestion for you. When you do your long trip, take a set of drawings for the plates with you, so if you break something you can easily get it replicated..

Best of luck
Neil

mikeyboy
02-03-14, 19:37
Mikey,
Looks good :thumby:

A suggestion for you. When you do your long trip, take a set of drawings for the plates with you, so if you break something you can easily get it replicated..

Best of luck
Neil
good idea:thumby:
got to say though,if this breaks,it was doomed from the start:D:D:D
and i should have bought an airhead:bow

Kaister
02-03-14, 20:11
unfortunately the 1100 has only 4 areas where the mounts can be attached,these are all part of the engine/gearbox castings.the load from the side car will have to be spread over all of them without any flex,if the subframe flexes it WILL break either the lower crankcase or the gearbox casing.

why can,t you triangulate to the frame as normal ?

mikeyboy
02-03-14, 23:05

why can,t you triangulate to the frame as normal ?
and the frame bolts to.:D:D
the same place.
there will be a brace up to the rear subframe but this is just a triangular brace.
it all comes back to the same four places ,give me a couple of weeks and hopefully it will start to make a bit more sense.:thumb2

Wreford Miles
03-03-14, 07:24
As a man that don't know much, all this stress stuff would fry my brain...but if you wanted more load carrying capacity would another option be a trike?

At moment the only disadvantageges I can think off are, in ain't as cool as an outfit and you'd have to buy a new wardrobe of doggy gear and hankies (soon to be available in The Cactus)

....I'll get me coat :D

Kaister
06-03-14, 05:48
maybe you're talking about something else, but if you don't triangulate, you'll overstress the bolt / engine mounts.

triangulation spreads the load across the 2 points.

Wreford Miles
06-03-14, 06:57
Triangulate, triangulation - Trike

I knew I was on to something

Ok ok I'm going...

mikeyboy
06-03-14, 08:20
maybe you're talking about something else, but if you don't triangulate, you'll overstress the bolt / engine mounts.

triangulation spreads the load across the 2 points.
maybe best to wait a bit and see where the other mounts will go;)
but my point remains the same.i will try and explain,
the front subframe is not a suitable mount mainly because the fuel tank covers most of it.
i will be using the front telelever wishbone pivot.(which is part of the engine casing)
there will be four mounts to the bike
two lower. on to the subframe i have fabricated.
one front upper.onto telelever wish bone pivot.
one rear upper.on to rear subframe(the subframe will be braced,and the subframe mounts to the gearbox casing will be reinforced .)

mikeyboy
06-03-14, 20:37
some of my materials arrived:D
drilling, tapping and machining

mikeyboy
06-03-14, 20:41
heres one i made earlier:D

mikeyboy
06-03-14, 20:45
it fits here:thumby:

kennethsnell
06-03-14, 21:22
Is there a gearbox hard part fitted to spread the load further Mike?

mikeyboy
06-03-14, 21:55
post 34
is this "hard enough":D

mikeyboy
06-03-14, 21:58
this will be braced over to the r/h side once i have fabricated the foot rest hanger with twin brake cylinders for that side .

kennethsnell
06-03-14, 22:09
post 34

Yep that should do it, harder than a very hard thing.:blast

DrAlf
06-03-14, 22:22
post 34

I'm not so sure. The gearbox mount on an 1100 is a well known weak point - to the extent that TT sell a 'hard part' and BMW redesigned the gearbox/subframe mounting completely for the 1150. I'd have my doubts about hanging an outfit off the side of the gearbox casting. If that breaks in the middle of nowhere you'll be in the real trouble.

mikeyboy
07-03-14, 08:08
I'm not so sure. The gearbox mount on an 1100 is a well known weak point - to the extent that TT sell a 'hard part' and BMW redesigned the gearbox/subframe mounting completely for the 1150. I'd have my doubts about hanging an outfit off the side of the gearbox casting. If that breaks in the middle of nowhere you'll be in the real trouble.
firstly,have you looked at the previous photos?
nothing is "hanging" off the gearbox casing,the whole subframe will be welded and cross braced,and is bolted to every available mounting point on the lower engine casings.
regards the BMW/touratec hard part.this item is designed to reduce the risk of gearbox casing failure due to subframe overloading.
as far as i know it is the subframe mounts that snap off the casings.
i dont intend to be carrying a heavy load on the rear of the bike i will have a sidecar for that.
but i have reinforced the mounts anyway.
there are plenty of R1100GS sidecar outfits out there.most of them will not have a frame as strong as this one.
time will tell:D:D:D

~Stef~
14-06-14, 07:11
Looks good Mikeyboy :thumby:
Given your fabrication skills and the amount of research youv'e done, it would appear despite the negative comments from some, that you know what your doing.

Best of luck mate I for one will be following this thread with interest. :popcorn

mikeyboy
10-08-14, 15:13
i have been quite busy through the summer but have been making steady progress.
with the subframe mostly complete and not really having room to build and store a sidecar chassis i figured it would now best be left until i have a complete bike to attach it to.
so have been concentrating on building the bike.
so i spent a couple of weeks cleaning off the flaking powder coat and corrosion prior to respraying the engine.
will post some photos later,as i need an IT lesson (i have started using my I phone to take piccies but i think the file size is too big to upload)

mikeyboy
10-08-14, 15:42
i also gave the gearbox the same treatment

mikeyboy
10-08-14, 15:44
one more

mikeyboy
10-08-14, 15:52
i also resprayed the swingarm and final drive unit, and fitted new bearings throughout prior to reinstalling.
the first batch of powder coat has been done so i can start to build the bike up now:thumby:

mikeyboy
10-08-14, 15:54
one more pic

mikeyboy
10-08-14, 15:56
one of the front
need to sort another batch for the powder coater

~Stef~
10-08-14, 16:09
Looking good ! ! :thumby:

kennethsnell
10-08-14, 16:35
Lookiing good mike, a proper bumble bee. As a matter of interest , how much weight will the gearbox casting hold, (rider,pillion,and luggage ) on the standard1100.

mikeyboy
04-09-14, 20:22
been fitting bitsnbobs

Cogs
05-09-14, 06:34
Looking good Mike... :thumb2

peepingtom
08-09-14, 14:19
:agree:agree looks great :thumby:

DrAlf
08-09-14, 15:11
Liking this - looking really good. What colour tank are you fitting?

How do you fancy an 1150 winter rebuild project:augie:thumby:

mikeyboy
08-09-14, 17:02
Liking this - looking really good. What colour tank are you fitting?

How do you fancy an 1150 winter rebuild project:augie:thumby:
the tank is black and the paint is pretty good:D
i will happily take on winter projects as most of the 1200's will be tucked up in their duvets:D:D
i,ll take some more pics tomorrow:thumby:

mikeyboy
08-09-14, 20:35
i have refurbished the front calipers ready for refitting:D
and a photo of the tank:thumb

DrAlf
08-09-14, 20:46
That's looking really nice. Are the wheels going to be coated black too? That would look brilliant:thumb

Fanum
08-09-14, 20:59
Looking good :thumb2

Our shed built rig is still on its way to the Nordkapp at the moment, on Gert's charidee mate run. (https://www.justgiving.com/sugarrun2014/)

He's due back at the end of the month and I'll grab copies of any pics he has and take some of the rig in use up there :thumb2

I know one thing he was pleased that we did was to fit a split charge system with a small leisure battery mounted on the sidecar......He's running an LED floodlight on a collapsible fishing pole type setup off it, so when they camp up every night, they can have decent lighting from the bike but no risk of a flat primary battery in the morning :cool:

mikeyboy
08-09-14, 21:23
That's looking really nice. Are the wheels going to be coated black too? That would look brilliant:thumb
i hope to have black wheels,i can't justify the expense of having them rebuilt with nice stainless spokes at the moment so will probably have to settle for vapour blasting and spraying(with slightly rusty spokes).:blast
the budget for the rebuild is not huge so its better to spend the money on the essentials;bearings,brakes ,shocks etc,etc.:D
i can always swap the wheels at a later date

mikeyboy
10-09-14, 17:23
refurbished calipers:D

mikeyboy
24-09-14, 18:32
second batch of powder coat is done so i have bolted a few more bits on:clap

mikeyboy
25-09-14, 22:15
needed the beast back on its wheels:D:clap
got a few bikes coming in next week so i need it out of the way or at least mobile.
still lots to be done,wiring,cables,fuel pump and hoses,brake pipes:blast

~Stef~
25-09-14, 22:32
Cant wait to see it with its bodywork on !

mikeyboy
07-10-14, 19:49
i couldnt help myself:D
i wanted the bike finished ,it was close .too close:blast
new battery,brake lines ,fuel pump and pipework plus a fairly big list of bits and bobs.
the main build is finished.:thumby:
try to ignore the seats,i need to get some miles on them before i have them recovered.
straight down for an mot and road taxed.:thumby:

Timolgra
07-10-14, 19:58
Superb job Mikey :beerjug:

Kaister
08-10-14, 01:25
nice work - looks different :thumb2

Bin Ridin
08-10-14, 05:05
Wicked looking! Congratulations!!

gspod
17-10-14, 18:06
Those tyres look good :D

Once you get blasting round your local roads you won't want to put a chair on it :blast

It looks great, BTW my seat that was recovered by Tony Archer is super comfy.

mikeyboy
28-10-14, 09:34
Those tyres look good :D

Once you get blasting round your local roads you won't want to put a chair on it :blast

It looks great, BTW my seat that was recovered by Tony Archer is super comfy.

i have done @400 miles on it,:thumby:
i must say that i really like it:D
i prefer it to my 1200 in many ways.:blast

DrAlf
28-10-14, 09:41
That's looking great Mikey. Nice work indeed:thumby:

Sgt Bilco
28-10-14, 09:46
Great work Mike. Always good to see something different:thumb2

Smelly Old Boots
17-11-14, 13:05
Looks fantastic. Hope you dont mind me saying so but have you considered getting the saddle reupholstered? I think the red lets it down:hide

Billd
17-11-14, 14:10
Really like this. Very talented builder. Just wanted to add my congratulations Mike, well done!

mikeyboy
25-11-14, 22:40
Really like this. Very talented builder. Just wanted to add my congratulations Mike, well done!

thanks for the kind words:clap
you are pretty local,pop over for a coffee some time always nice to put a face to a name:D
you may know andy from your village magnon from this site... proper chap hunt him down:D
mike

mikeyboy
25-11-14, 23:01
the project is a long way from being finished (apart from the seats)
some bling is coming!
photos to follow in a few days

mikeyboy
04-12-14, 16:46
First on my want list is better lights,for some reason this bike seems to be invisible,i have never had so many car drivers pull out on me :blast
howsat:D:D:cool:

mikeyboy
04-12-14, 16:55
first off i needed to make myself a heavy duty light bar,
so i made myself a heavy duty bending jig:clap

mikeyboy
04-12-14, 16:58
i will post another pic once its been powder coated

mikeyboy
04-12-14, 17:04
i also wanted to protect the headlamp from stone damage so i made another jig and made this:D

mikeyboy
04-12-14, 17:11
i really like this:thumby:
it took some making:green gri

mikeyboy
04-12-14, 17:13
my jig:bounce1

mikeyboy
04-12-14, 17:15
work in progress:confused:

andrewgsadv
04-12-14, 17:58
Really enjoying this thread Mike, great to see the project coming together. Intrigued by the latest jig , is it bracing for a sidecar panel. Looking forward to your next post.:thumby:

mikeyboy
04-12-14, 18:46
Really enjoying this thread Mike, great to see the project coming together. Intrigued by the latest jig , is it bracing for a sidecar panel. Looking forward to your next post.:thumby:

its for this:thumb2

andrewgsadv
04-12-14, 19:06
Like a Gerbing multitool, that light guard will stop everything from flying rock to a wayward Yak in Mongolia trying to head but the overlander. Once you have stunned it whip that grid off and use it over the fire pit to barbecue the beast. I like your thinking Mike:beerjug:

GARAGE HERMIT X2
06-12-14, 11:04
its for this:thumb2

nice work, but think i'd have a piece of mesh on the guard too, plus not being picky but those bottom two cross piece's are about 1/4" out of line, i'd have to get them straight,

mikeyboy
06-12-14, 13:34
nice work, but think i'd have a piece of mesh on the guard too, plus not being picky but those bottom two cross piece's are about 1/4" out of line, i'd have to get them straight,

this one is the 1st prototype .
i have tweaked the drilling jig now so everything is in line for further batches,:D

The smudger
06-12-14, 15:06
Looks fantastic!

Is the rear disc on the right way??

mikeyboy
06-12-14, 16:25
Looks fantastic!

Is the rear disc on the right way??

certainly is:D:confused:

The smudger
07-12-14, 07:10
Did you have the wheels powder coated or painted? I want to get mine done but dont want the S/S spokes painted as well. I think it will look smarter with black rim and hub only?

The smudger
07-12-14, 07:15
i hope to have black wheels,i can't justify the expense of having them rebuilt with nice stainless spokes at the moment so will probably have to settle for vapour blasting and spraying(with slightly rusty spokes).:blast
the budget for the rebuild is not huge so its better to spend the money on the essentials;bearings,brakes ,shocks etc,etc.:D
i can always swap the wheels at a later date

Sorry, just seen this....

mikeyboy
14-12-14, 23:01
my light bar is back from powder coating:D

mikeyboy
14-12-14, 23:09
plus a couple more to go for powder:thumb

gspod
15-12-14, 12:27
Hi Mike
Will that light bar fit an 1150?
Cheers

mikeyboy
15-12-14, 18:44
Hi Mike
Will that light bar fit an 1150?
Cheers

i can drill one to fit an 1150 no prob,however the 1150 indicators are lower so the lamps would need to be underslung,
it would be better to fabricate one with a bigger drop on the verticals ,again i can do this with pleasure but would need the bike to take some more measurements from and do a trial fit to make sure it fits and looks ok.
mike

gspod
16-12-14, 17:18
i can drill one to fit an 1150 no prob,however the 1150 indicators are lower so the lamps would need to be underslung,
it would be better to fabricate one with a bigger drop on the verticals ,again i can do this with pleasure but would need the bike to take some more measurements from and do a trial fit to make sure it fits and looks ok.
mike
Ok thanks I'll let my pal know as we were discussing aux lights the other day.
BTW my rear tyre has not lost any pressure at all since you looked at it :thumby:

D

Decster
16-12-14, 18:30
Nice bike. Very different to most.

Only 1 thing i didn't like, your name on the mudguard.

mikeyboy
16-12-14, 20:19
Nice bike. Very different to most.

Only 1 thing i didn't like, your name on the mudguard.
:D:D:D

Bounce
17-12-14, 10:15
Mikey, I've just read this from the start, and I take my hat off to you for an outstanding project...bloody well done & I look forward to your ride report.....:clap:clap:clap

mikeyboy
20-12-14, 12:12
for all those moaning about the seats:blast
better now?:comfort

sidestand
20-12-14, 18:57
Much better :thumb2

When are we going to see it in the For Sale section ??:D

mikeyboy
21-12-14, 18:38
Much better :thumb2

When are we going to see it in the For Sale section ??:D

not any time soon:D
why do you ask,are you interested:augie

mikeyboy
20-01-15, 23:14
Just about got it the way I want it now,
Some fabulous verns boxes,steptoes head guards:thumb2

Ash
21-01-15, 03:15
Just about got it the way I want it now,
Some fabulous verns boxes,steptoes head guards:thumb2

Truly cracking job, you have done mikeyboy.
Will be great to see her ready for your big trip, when the time comes. Perfic :clap :clap

markjackson
27-01-15, 21:39
Utterly wonderful!:thumb2

Especially how simple you make the footrest fabrication look:bow

So… How about fitting a lovely 50s Stieb chair, but with a knobbly tyre, so it has some Hipster cool?:D

Shunt
27-01-15, 22:01
Looking rather smart now its all together, Cant believe you got it dirty too ;)

Kaister
27-01-15, 23:12
What have you bought at Tesco's lately...? :augie

Grizzly
15-02-15, 16:20
Where did you get the seats recovered? - got a pair needing recovered sometime soon.

Cheers.....................Grizzly:beerjug:

mikeyboy
15-02-15, 16:42
the seats were done as a favour,by a another forum member.i would need to check with him before posting further details.
i have used tony archer in the past and have always been very satisfied.

peepingtom
21-02-15, 21:34
Looks brilliant as everyone has said :clap:clap:clap

tuftywhite
25-02-15, 21:26
Mike,

I've set up a secret fund which I'm slowly adding to. We need to have a chat next time I'm visiting.

Tufty

mikeyboy
25-02-15, 21:46
Mike,

I've set up a secret fund which I'm slowly adding to. We need to have a chat next time I'm visiting.

Tufty
:D:D:comfort

Smelly Old Boots
05-03-15, 20:23
for all those moaning about the seats:blast
better now?:comfort

oooohhhhh yes!!!!! Love it! Well done.

wildoat
15-07-15, 22:41
Didn't want this thread to end, lol.
great job, inspiring work.
cheers