MT-07

(RIP) Edvard Munch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm liking what I see with this one.

Looks fun and cheap with it.

This twin and the triple 09 should make a decent platform for a number of interesting variations too.

Tenere replacement anyone?

Attachments

• mt-07 (Mobile).jpg
    mt-07 (Mobile).jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 508
My Super Tenere is in Skellerns for a service. Dropped it off Saturday expecting it back the same day to be told, "we might not finish it today and are closed tomorrow & Monday. You can have this MT07 until Tuesday."

I've done about 200 miles on it since Saturday. In summary it is a very competent bike with plenty of mid-range torque and I have thoroughly enjoyed riding on the roads around Gloucestershire. Cracking value when you consider it is only costs a little bit more than Honda's CB500.

The bike is unfaired, and I'm not used to this, so riding on the A417 dual carriageway was not comfortable for me. The bike is very capable of dicing with fast traffic but I prefer to be a bit protected from the air blast.

I took it into town to do a couple of errands. It is a hoot in traffic and I was able to get through gaps I wouldn't attempt on the Super Tenere. It was great on the, in places, nadgery road from Winchcombe to Andoversford pictured below.

It was drier today, so those chicken strips are a lot narrower :)

Would I buy one? Not as an only bike as I wouldn't want to ride this to Italy but it would be a great second bike on country roads, great for an urban commute and a good upgrade for a newbie (an A2 kit is available).

2014-10-18%2013.27.50.jpg

2014-10-18%2013.27.32.jpg

I've just had a go on one. Wow I loved it. I want one, it gave me such a big smile. I had a go on a KTM 690 duke then half an hour later tried the MT-07 and for me the MT-07 was a clear winner and a lot cheaper. It would make a perfect second bike.

I've just had a go on one. Wow I loved it. I want one, it gave me such a big smile. I had a go on a KTM 690 duke then half an hour later tried the MT-07 and for me the MT-07 was a clear winner and a lot cheaper. It would make a perfect second bike.

I've bought one now...just running it in 40miles done.

Back
Top Bottom