I want to buy a Guzzi...:)

Wrigsby1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have had two recent near misses with buying Guzzi's... Add to the one that I didn't go for in 2012 and bought an 80RT instead... I want one and that's the end of it...:D I don't want ot spend stupid money and want a limit of 2-2.5k tops...

Recent near misses...

Cali Stone in FS&W... Didn't know I wanted it until it had been up for a few days and then missed out by a wisker once decided...

Cali III Advertised nationally and a project but looked OK... Spent a day or three being too busy at work, then trying to get a decent shipping cost... Then missed it by an hour or two...:augie

Bikes I fancy...

Cali III- still affordable and I like the laid back foot-boarded uncool of them...

850T? ... Two T5's are on eblag and they look OK... Don't know too much about them but they seem to be underrated and possibly a good one for the future...

I like the eccentric looking Eldorado in N Italy but... It's in f'ing Italy!

So... Advice, persuasion, dissuasion, etc would be most welcome...:thumb

I used to be an instructor based in a Yam, Ducati and Guzzi showroom... The Yams sold well and were no problem; the Ducati's sold well and were often a problem... The Guzzi's sold badly and were actually and inadvertent "retro" bike and had problems too... There was a 1000S that sat in the showroom for a while and looked soooo dated... And look where they are now...:D

Up until 18 months ago I'd never owned a Guzzi and now have a 1981 V50 Monza.
You could afford a couple of these.
In due course I might even buy another Guzzi to keep this one company.

They're lovely, character, patina, sound good, look good, buy one.

Up until 18 months ago I'd never owned a Guzzi and now have a 1981 V50 Monza.
You could afford a couple of these.
In due course I might even buy another Guzzi to keep this one company.

They're lovely, character, patina, sound good, look good, buy one.

I looked at one of those, but it was to small, and I am no giant either, bought a Le Mans 2 and a Cali T3, to go with my breva 1100, strange I also have a r80rt, the little ones are great though, like little jewels :beerjug:

I prefer the round barrel models, but would still like a Le Mans 3 or 5 or 4 for that matter if it's had the 16 inch front wheel replaced!

The spada's are within your budget, which are great bikes, but the fairings a bit uncool, like most guzzi's of that era, they are basically the same bikes under the clothes, So is very similar to a T5, I am not really a fan of the old style with fuel injection, modern ones are ok, but that time between carbs and 2005 don't do it for me, the 850's are sweeter than the 1000's but don't make the same power, if you don't mind the riding position Le Mans 5's are a bargain

"I want to buy a Guzzi...:)"

Don't blame you.

I was a Mk1 Le Mans owner 20-years ago and despite having to sell it (it was just too small for me so I went for Jota's instead) I have finally done the decent thing and pick up my new Guzzi tomorrow.
No real issues with the GS, it has done everything I asked of it but Guzzi's just get under your skin.

Wrigsby1 said "Cali Stone in FS&W... Didn't know I wanted it until it had been up for a few days and then missed out by a wisker once decided..."

I didn't miss it - it was delivered this morning!! Needs some cosmetic fetling, but I think I am in love with it - time will tell......!!

Mike

Wrigsby1 said "Cali Stone in FS&W... Didn't know I wanted it until it had been up for a few days and then missed out by a wisker once decided..."

I didn't miss it - it was delivered this morning!! Needs some cosmetic fetling, but I think I am in love with it - time will tell......!!

Mike

Good on yer...:) I should've got my act together...:) And I don't mind a bit of scruff as it's in my nature...

Mike

Once upon a while ago. An easy bike to fall in love. :thumb2

Top pic taken at the IOM.

Attachments

• Cali Stone.jpg
    Cali Stone.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 452
  • Jo Jay & Cali nr Mountain Rd IOM.jpg
    Jo Jay & Cali nr Mountain Rd IOM.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 437
a google of "moto guzzi t3 cafe racer" suggests that hacksaw and exhaust wrap weiding fuckers from shoreditch (and their ilk) ruined them all. or maybe personalised and improved them. i have no taste, just a yearning for a cheap original with wire wheels and round barrels.

Tour the world on a Guzzi

:)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-wkSePMgR0k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Cali Special

I just bought this beauty through www.motoguzziclub.co.uk :thumb2
There is a steady flow of Calis there. And also a great forum too. Good luck

Attachments

• P1010036 (1).jpg
    P1010036 (1).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 429
what happened to all the bog stock T3 ,s ?

a google of "moto guzzi t3 cafe racer" suggests that hacksaw and exhaust wrap weiding fuckers from shoreditch (and their ilk) ruined them all. or maybe personalised and improved them. i have no taste, just a yearning for a cheap original with wire wheels and round barrels.

Yip and yip... the clamour for middle aged, middle class Steve McQueen coo has left many a victim... Even the red one posted in the link had been mildly mugged of it's original coolness...

:)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-wkSePMgR0k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Seen it before and absolutely rock on in a spot the real crazy sort of way...:) I wonder if it's retro speccable...:)

My T3 is perfectly cool just as it is,

A thing of beauty and probably my favourite of the lot... I think I have taken the plunge... A deposit if on an 850 T5 with some good mods... I will post pics when it finally arrives here in Shetland...:)

Back
Top Bottom