Streaming music from my phone?

climbingmike

Reaction score
Hello All

I have just got my Nav V and all is good, but the only thing I cant get working it streaming music from my phone over Bluetooth. On my Android phone the unit shows are a connected device but only for call functionality. On other devices that support streaming I will show calls & multimedia functionality. Do any one know how do to it? Or more worryingly if his feature is supported on the Nav V?

Many thanks
Mike

Hello All

I have just got my Nav V and all is good, but the only thing I cant get working it streaming music from my phone over Bluetooth. On my Android phone the unit shows are a connected device but only for call functionality. On other devices that support streaming I will show calls & multimedia functionality. Do any one know how do to it? Or more worryingly if his feature is supported on the Nav V?
Many thanks
Mike

As I understand it, and I could be wrong, the device soesn't allow you to stream music over bluetooth from your phone. I'm reasonably sure that you have to store the music on the unit either directly or through a micro SD card.
I could be wrong though - I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along to confirm/correct me fairly swiftly. :thumb2

I think that Timaloy is correct. I have a Sena Bluetooth headset and, if you don't want to have the music on an SD in the Nav V, then i think that you need to pair the Nav V to your headset and then pair your phone to your headset. That would allow you to stream music from the phone to the BT headset. The downside would be that. if you do it this way, you would lose out on the phone functionality that you would have f you paired the phone with the Nav V rather than direct with the headset.
- I hope that makes sense.

Whilst I have no great ambition to use the phone whilst riding and so the Nav V control of my phone is not a big issue, I still went along the route of putting music on an SD card in the Nav V as I felt that if I just paired the phone direct to my headset and streamed my music from my phone, that i would then run the phone battery down over a days riding with music. And I could not be bothered to then think about how to charge my phone whilst riding

New GS'er

Hi climbingmike

That is correct. Music can only be streamed either direct from your phone, or Nav 5. In order to stream music from your phone you cannot be connected to the Nav 5 at the same time. I found the best thing to do is insert a MicroSD card into the Nav 5 and then while the Nav 5 is connected to the computer copy music in MP3 format to the device. (you may have to create a

By doing it this way it allows you to keep connection between Nav 5 and phone, and also allows you to stream music direct from the Nav 5 to headset. Also allowing for greater control of the music using either the hand wheel or the Nav 5 touch screen.

For me this is important to do it this way in order to keep the Smart link application on my iPhone 5 connected to the Nav 5 so that live traffic, camera and weather updates are continuously updating the Nav 5.

i ordered a SanDisk microSDHC Ultra 32GB, class 10 for £14.69 free Postage from Amazon earlier which i don't think to be honest is a bad price at all.

As noted you cannot have music from two devices to your headset unless your headset support multiple A2DP channels which none on the market current do. But, there are several ways to user the NAV5 and an iPhone in a Bluetooth connection.

This is how mine is setup:

Dans%2520Sena%2520SMH10R%2520Config.png

I, like Dan Townley, have a Sena SMH10R bluetooth headset and the manual that comes with that is very good at presenting you with the various options for connecting nav device/phone/headset/radio etc etc . If you do not have a Sena, you can still visited their website and download the manual and use it for advice. But, hopefully, the manual for whatever BT headset you actually have will also offer advice.

The much simpler solution may be to just link your phone and Nav V to a Sony-Ericson BT headset such as the MWH600 (or whatever the new model is called). But I am really pleased with my investment in the Sena

Back
Top Bottom