exhaust on r1100

ANDY LAD

I know this will have been covered thousands of times so appologies.
I have just calculated that the 1100 will be with me for another year. (can't afford adventure just yet)
With this in mind I want to replace the original exhaust.
What pipe do I need and will the spare end can that my pocket rocket riding mate has do?
Do I have to do anything electrically due to removing the cat?
Does anyone know costs for doing this?

Ta very much.

Andy

The 1100 (GS I assume...) uses a single 's' shaped connector between the header pipes and the end can . The Original is one piece from header to end whilst the replacement after market systems like Laser and Remus use 2 pieces so you can choose to leave out the collector box above the centre stand if you want. I don't think a rice rocket end can will fit for the simple fact that the exhaust diameter and pitting points will all be different. I suggest you source a second hand laser or Remus Grand Prix system for around 110 to 150 notes and you won't be disappointed.
If you have a Cat you need to consider if your new system will or won't use it if you don't have a cat then it;s a simple bilt on job which improves the exhaust note neyond recognition and gives a much better alll round power delivery. The engine seems less 'choked' than by the BMW exhaust.

As Gecko says.

Previous UK 1100 late model bike - Remus end can fitted came with seperate 'S' piece - with welded in boss to re-screw in the lambda probe.
no mods done - ran perfick.

Current Aus 1100 - I've just got a used Laser that was one piece but no lambda probe - as they aren't fitted out here.

Attachments

• laser pipe.jpg
    laser pipe.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 142

Back
Top Bottom