Supermoto

Banger

Reaction score
Anyone into supermoto racing? Its cheap £50 for a track day and is three quarters tarmac and quarter dirt.
The bikes are fairly cheap to maintain and because its in its infancy (unlike France where its massive ) you can get a spot easily.

Just thought i would ask incase!

Banger,
I'm to old to take part, but my daughters boy friend races Motox and won his local club championship last year.
This year, he plans to do the east anglia centres championship with backing from Boldog.com and Avago mx schools.
I have been trying to talk him into trying Supermoto.
Is it possible to try it using his current gear (05 Honda 250f)?
Are there tracks in East Anglia?

Mike.

Boxertools said:
Banger,
I'm to old to take part, but my daughters boy friend races Motox and won his local club championship last year.
This year, he plans to do the east anglia centres championship with backing from Boldog.com and Avago mx schools.
I have been trying to talk him into trying Supermoto.
Is it possible to try it using his current gear (05 Honda 250f)?
Are there tracks in East Anglia?

Mike.

I pick my tracks which are small and all tarmac or little dirt. I am to old to race now i have had enough elbows in my ribs and am to heavy now but i just like the thrill now and again and i love the moto bikes .
The answer is Yes he can trasform his bike into Motard the big difference is obviously the wheel set up and suspension. Many supermoto stores will transform the bike for him for little cost.
Its a youg sport over here, Matt Winstanley came from Motox and in his first season came second in the brits and 4th in the World!!

Get him into it as its cheaper to do its young and he will get somewhere quicker up the ladder than MotoX plus it gives him a little more Road experience. I found that doing Motox 24/7 when i did go on the road at times i just got it wrong, dodgy brakes usually wher motard have top class brakes but just watch out for tyre wear that can be pricey, the better you get the more pricey it gets in tyres especially.

Good luck to him he will love it . Get him to go to ADY SMITHS supermoto school or KTM's school in Devon and he will be hooked.

Banger said:
Anyone into supermoto racing? ..........

I have done Andy Ibbott’s Yamaha SuperMoto school at Rockingham, excellent instruction and a very good day.

Would like to do SM track days but haven’t found any down south.

corner1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom