SUPER TENERE 750 (YEAR 2001)..input please!

SKIPSTER

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have not enjoyed my CAGIVA due to the riding position, so am selling and moving hopefully onto a 750 S-TENERE.
the following was sent to me.........

thanks for your inquiry re the 1991 Yamaha XTZ Super Tenere we have for sale.....i’ve attached a photo and will send a few more shortly. This is a nice clean usable bike that starts on the button and is fabulous to drive. The last owner had this bike bought for him by his wife 5 years ago but has used it sparingly. She has since passed away and he has decided to sell it. Although not entirely original, the bike has been upgraded with heated grips, Tourmax ignition, new Continental tyres, powder coated frame, stainless spokes, new Yamaha front calipers and braided hoses. It has 36k miles on the clock and the V5C states 9 previous owners. Frame and engine numbers are 3LD050315. As you can see from the photos, the condition of this bike is very good and i’d rate it as 8/10.

What do you wise bods think for 2k?..just want a winter bit of comfort riding and the odd grin!

THANKS ALL:thumb2

Accelerate hard changing thru 1st 2nd and 3rd and see if it jumps out of gear

Known fault was them bending the 2nd gear forks and then jumping out of gear it "was" about £400 for teh bits to fix

Otherwise just an average bike and predecessor to the TDM

Crackin bike. But 2k is a lot fit one IMO. I had one for 4 years loved it.
Brakes aren't great.
Front forks dive a lot.
Otherwise a great machine.

Very clean lookin. But it's missing its rear fairing panels under the rack.
Although this might be due to a rear mudguard change.

The xtz750 forums quiet, but full of info an common faults.

...really appreciate you taking the time to give some comments, i'll sleep on it. I have to say the 9 owners does raise an eye brow, but then it is rather old.
From what I can tell, it has had a fair bit of money and time spent on it and the seller seems full of praise for it.

Cheers all.

A mate of mine has one, and has done over 250,000 KM's on his. If you want to talk to him for some advice, let me know.:thumb

He'll never sell his, so it must be pretty special.

Back
Top Bottom