City Navigator Europe on Basecamp?

Bobbin-Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm a fairly new user of Basecamp but so far so good and having good success planning routes and uploading to my Zumo 550. However, to get the detailed mapping in Basecamp (rather than just the "global" maps) I need to use it with the Zumo connected to my laptop enabling it to read the "City Navigator Europe" mapping from the Zumo - this all works fine but is a little restricted by the processor speed of the Zumo compared to my laptop. Is there a way of importing the map data from my Zumo into Basecamp enabling Basecamp to be used without the Zumo connected?

Garmin Express has an advanced setting that enables you to do a map download to your computer. Garmin Mapinstall can also be used. PC or Mac?

For future updates I understand that Garmin Express can't send data to the SD card on the 550 so you would need to use Garmin Mapinstall

For future updates I understand that Garmin Express can't send data to the SD card on the 550 so you would need to use Garmin Mapupdater/Mapinstaller

Either that or still use Garmin Express to save the mapping update to your computer only. Then use MapInstall to write that to an SD card. The 550 doesn't make use of Junction View or 3D mapping so there will be no difference between doing that and a direct download from Garmin to your SD card, were it possible.

Both Garmin Express and MapInstall are available for PC and Mac.

I'll give it a go with Mapinstall :thumb2 If it's relevant the laptop is running Windows 8.1.

Back
Top Bottom