Newbie - sort of

discoed

Reaction score
I am newly arrived [back] having been away for a while whilst on a Honda VFR750

and a Triumph Tiger 800XC (made in Thailand!!)

So although I have been away I was perviously a member with a BMW R1150 GS Adventure

This time it's with a BMW R1200 GS Adventure 90 year anniversary

I still need to complete the deal but with luck I will be on the new bike by the middle of next week. Just need to get some Touratcech pannier frames for the GS (I alder day have some ARDcases)

:bounce1

Welcome back.... Is that a cream colour on the 12 or is it just th e photo graph. The vfr is a bike I have wanted to ride for.sometime but never actually took the opportunity when ever a bike change come up. Daft question but vfr or traile which do you prefer?

Blueranger - which do I prefer - it's a good question and the honest answer is both!

The VFR is a lovely bike - the red one was my second VFR750FV - I keep returning to fave bikes! The VFR is great mile muncher and the sound of the V4 with a shall we say, reduced baffle is just lovely! However, I love the more upright stance of the GS and XC, the supple suspension and the road presence are hard to beat. In an ideal world I would have both but on blanche my latest acquisition is the best answer to your question!

Well it's in the garage an has a few miles under it's wheels now. Akrapovich fitted, Touratech rack now replaces the OEM for my existing panniers, GPS mount fitted and ACF 50 used all over (nearly). It's fantastic, I have missed the noise of a boxer and that planted feel.

Off to Wales on Thursday for a few more miles of slimes!

Back
Top Bottom