Frame protection

Skippy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Simple and dirt cheap way of preventing the bare links of your security chain from putting dings in the frame paintwork.

I've done it myself so got some of the expanded foam insulation as used in plumbing, cut off a couple of pieces to length, split along the precut and wrap round the appropriate part of said frame. remove when going out and re-use when ya get back.

Total cost, 54p and still got 2/3rds left over.

By the way, anyone got any frame plugs sorted for the GS12 yet. You know, where there are swinging links and holes with exposed nuts, bolts fastners and the like open to the elements that collect and retain water.

Nothing blingy, simple machined piece of ally with a groove for an o-ring.

Chears, skippy.

Skippy said:
Simple and dirt cheap way of preventing the bare links of your security chain from putting dings in the frame paintwork.

By the way, anyone got any frame plugs sorted for the GS12 yet. You know, where there are swinging links and holes with exposed nuts, bolts fastners and the like open to the elements that collect and retain water.

Nothing blingy, simple machined piece of ally with a groove for an o-ring.

Chears, skippy.
Im in the process of making some.Ive made one for mine ,its made of aluminium stays in securly and has Charlie Boormans seal of approval(well he said he liked it so its not official )and has the BMW logo on it im hoping to make some available with the GS logo on in either red yellow or blue im also planning plain ally ones and black nylon ones these can have either the BMW Logo on or GS in silver.I dont have regular access
to a terminal but i will keep the site informed.It would be nice to know how much intrest for these there is out there and in which combinations.I have E-mail access via my phone,Amstrad E-m@iler,that address if i can print it is andrewstott@amserve.net :eek:

Full kits for plugging all the holes that need plugging from Boxer Designs.

Bung.jpg

Here you are Andy....

looks nice

are there any of these for the 1100 and 1150? no need to have the emblem although it does look cool ;)

Cheers little helper ,Will see you soon cos me brain hurts and im stuttering.Bung looks good on the screen.Who else wants one?
They can be had in Ally or Black nylon with either the BMW logo or red,yellow, blue or silver GS Logo on or black nylon with a silver backing and the GS logo in the choice of colour (tip the blue dont show on the black!)get me on andrewstott@amserve.com :D

Back
Top Bottom