Drag and drop on Basecamp route?

Gordon T

Reaction score
Is there a way to drag and drop a route on Basecamp. Ive put in a route but need to change it slightly. Can I drag and drop the automated route to a new position?

Is there a way to drag and drop a route on Basecamp. Ive put in a route but need to change it slightly. Can I drag and drop the automated route to a new position?

I'm assuming you have a route between A and C and want to add "B"? If that's the case, with the route selected, ie it has the light blue tint and shows on the map in a bolder colour with black edges then selecting the "insert" tool, looks like a pencil with a squiggle from the writing end and has a + in the top left hand corner, left click on the route and it should then have a thick grey tinted line between A & B, then drag the pencil over to where you want "C" to be, left click again, and it should now route A, B , C.

To Move a waypoint you need to highlight move point icon on the tool bar at the top. Then hover over the point you want to move, this will highlight the point (make it bigger and blacker) then click on the point to be moved and holding down the left mouse button drag the point to it's new position. Does this make sense to you?
Hope this helps. I am a computer numpty and I can do this.

Thanks for the help guys. Its a right faff doing it this way. I have found a much easier platform to work from in the Harley Davidson Ride Planner. Very simple and quick to use and doesnt come with all the shit thats on Basecamp.

Thanks for the help guys. Its a right faff doing it this way. I have found a much easier platform to work from in the Harley Davidson Ride Planner. Very simple and quick to use and doesnt come with all the shit thats on Basecamp.

Sorry, but having got a basic route in Basecamp and on the screen, I just do not see that faff and hassle that you perceive: using the elastic band method to alter the route to your desire is easy. As is selecting a waypoint, or creating a new one, and inserting it into an existing route.

Have you sent a route to your device with this planner? I see it uses Google maps.

Back
Top Bottom