mp3 on the Nav 5

MartinB

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok.

I'm a bit stuck !

I'm using a Micro SD card for mp3 files on the Nav 5 but nothing plays on the device.
I read that you need at least 1 mp3 file on the internal memory which is place, however despite trying the files IN a folder on the card or just on the card itself the only track that will play is the one on the internal memory !

Er........ Any ideas ?

MB

I don't have any MP3 files on the device, all of my tracks are on the SD card.
Make sure you name the folder on the SD card mp3 if you have the latest software update on your Nav V - might also be worth removing the 1track you have already put on the device.

Do you have other data (Routes, Tracks, Waypoints) on the SD Card that you can see on the NAV5? If not, are you sure you have your SD Card properly formatted? Should be FAT32.

You don't need to have any MP3 files stored internally and you can put MP3 files in any location you desire (folder or root) on the SD Card. Placing your music in folders just makes indexing the music faster for the NAV5 and easier for you to manage.

"Nothing plays'" you say, but plays to what ? Nav V will only play to an A2DP compatible headset by bluetooth. My headset is incompatible.

Thanks guys, I've had another play and i THINK i've sorted it. I'm not quite sure which bit did the trick but I've got sounds !

Oh, and I'm connected to a Scala Q1. Which I must say has been better than I'd expected, it connects to the Nav AND my iPhone every time, the sound is crystal clear (via moulded ear plugs) and the battery life is great.

Back
Top Bottom