K1200GT - Tell me about em

polecat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been looking at these lately. Anybody got one or had one? What can you tell me about them, power, comfort, running costs, handling (and anything else you can think of> ? :thumb2

Test rode an 09 recently. Cracking engine, noisy gearbox. Comfort was okay and can be adjusted but as it was only a test ride I couldn't adjust h bar height. Got hot on the legs in traffic.nice looking bike

Test rode an 09 recently. Cracking engine, noisy gearbox. Comfort was okay and can be adjusted but as it was only a test ride I couldn't adjust h bar height. Got hot on the legs in traffic.nice looking bike

:thumb2

Hi Polecat,
Just very sadly sold my K1300GT.
Before this i had two K1200GTs and although I really liked some aspects of them, I had a whole lot of trouble with traffic and slow speed control.
In desperation I finally took a 1300 out from my local BMW dealer.
IMHO what a difference! No probs at slow speed just as easy to go 5 mph as 50.
I was told that BMW changed the throttle response, I don't know what they did, but I really liked it.

As I say i've just sold it, regretably so that I can fund another project.
I know there is a difference in price, the 1300 are a bit more but I would advise you try both before parting with your hard earned.

Best of luck with whichever you settel on.

From the reading I did into them, the 13 would have been my next test. I do believe it was a big step on from the 12. But as my bike hasn't sold, my search is on hold

From the reading I did into them, the 13 would have been my next test. I do believe it was a big step on from the 12. But as my bike hasn't sold, my search is on hold

What are you selling?

I had one for a while and it handles and went really well.

Comfortable and pretty quick. Nowhere near as flickable as the GS but great for touring.

Had the SE so had heated seats, electronic suspension etc.

Wish I'd kept it.

I had one for a while and it handles and went really well.

Comfortable and pretty quick. Nowhere near as flickable as the GS but great for touring.

Had the SE so had heated seats, electronic suspension etc.

Wish I'd kept it.

Sounds all good so far :thumb2

G's 1200 Twin cam. 2010. Still in 2 minds ad a lovely bike and does everything. Thinking rt though

I had a 1300GT for 10k miles, fantastic bike, stunning engine, great handling. Only parted with it to get a K1300S. If you want a really special tourer go for it. Only hearsay as I've not had a 1200 but word on the street is it's definitely worth going for a 1300 over the 1200.

I had a 1300GT for 10k miles, fantastic bike, stunning engine, great handling. Only parted with it to get a K1300S. If you want a really special tourer go for it. Only hearsay as I've not had a 1200 but word on the street is it's definitely worth going for a 1300 over the 1200.

:beerjug:

K1300GT

Had a 2010 K1300GT for two years and 24,000 miles and loved it, took a while to explore it's performance potential then enjoyed the six car overtakes, deceptively fast and need to keep an eye on the speed. Would cruise easily in a Germany at 120+, felt that's what it's made for. Gloss finish on the luggage was always a worry in case it marked. Paid £120 for cam chain guide then given a refund six months later when it became a recall, which was nice. Extended warranty a good idea as some things that go wrong can be very expensive. If using in winter the radiator can clug up with salt but only an extra £60 to clean if done with a service. Great weather protection. Rear tyres lasted about 4,000 miles with fronts about 6,000. Then chopped for a GSA and missed the power.
Currently thinking of another or a K1300S.

Had a 2010 K1300GT for two years and 24,000 miles and loved it, took a while to explore it's performance potential then enjoyed the six car overtakes, deceptively fast and need to keep an eye on the speed. Would cruise easily in a Germany at 120+, felt that's what it's made for. Gloss finish on the luggage was always a worry in case it marked. Paid £120 for cam chain guide then given a refund six months later when it became a recall, which was nice. Extended warranty a good idea as some things that go wrong can be very expensive. If using in winter the radiator can clug up with salt but only an extra £60 to clean if done with a service. Great weather protection. Rear tyres lasted about 4,000 miles with fronts about 6,000. Then chopped for a GSA and missed the power.
Currently thinking of another or a K1300S.

Thanks Toddy. I think I'm leaning more towards the 1300 :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom