New to me 09 Tiger 1050...A Saturday bimble.

Smiler400

Reaction score
Recently treat myself to an 09 Tiger 1050 :woohoo:

Had a ride out on Saturday and took some piccies...can you guess where they are?

This last one has me puzzled. Why would a WW1 New Zealand soldier be buried in Co Durham?

Mike

the first picture with the bridge, is that near Barnard Castle? or is it the one over the river Lune near Lancaster? ( it looks very familiar but I can't quite place it)

the first picture with the bridge, is that near Barnard Castle? or is it the one over the river Lune near Lancaster? ( it looks very familiar but I can't quite place it)

Near Barny...Whorlton Suspension Bridge.

How do you like the tiger?

Im going to advertise my varadero this week and will be having 12 months off biking due to a shoulder op but I fancy the 1050 next.

Cheers Stuart :thumb2

Ps, nice pics.:beerjug:

Right you 1050 boys, before you travel any further on these bikes get them to http://www.mctsuspension.co.uk/Home.html so they can make the bike 100% better as the oe suspension is a major cost saving on these bikes :D
Need`nt actually change the units just get them rebuilt and the springs changed to suit you. There was rumours that the rears can`t be rebuilt, they can as I watched mine getting done :D

Enjoy!

Right you 1050 boys, before you travel any further on these bikes get them to http://www.mctsuspension.co.uk/Home.html so they can make the bike 100% better as the oe suspension is a major cost saving on these bikes :D
Need`nt actually change the units just get them rebuilt and the springs changed to suit you. There was rumours that the rears can`t be rebuilt, they can as I watched mine getting done :D

Enjoy!

I'd read the suspension wasn't great, what's the costs involved?

Cheers Stuart.

I had mine done about 3 years ago and it was £470 for the full works, front end rebuild, re valve, oil and springs and same for the rear and set up for me and a sheet detailing the mods done, what the settings should be for me, me and luggage, me and pillion.
An excellent job and you can also sit in the workshop and watch while they do it :D
Darren showed me my rear shock oil when they cracked open the unit and it was just froth, I hadn`t ridden the bike for about a week previous and took it there in a van! Very poor quality. They tried a new valve setup with my bike and said it was better all round so thats the valving they do on all of them now.
Mine was a 56 plate so a very early 1050.
I`ve a 12 plate Explorer and when funds allow will be taking that down for them to tweak as well :D

War Grave

Did a bit of research on this.

The unfortunate Corporal Frederick Thomas Cameron died of pneumonia. My guess is that he'd been evacuated from France and died in a nearby hospital. There are also 3 more war graves in this cemetery. I'm also guessing that this headstone was erected during the war, probably with funds sent by his parents in NZ, before they were standardised shortly after the war.

The other soldier mentioned on the grave, his brother H J Cameron is buried in Serre Rd Cemetery in the Somme region of France.

Mike

Attachments

• WAR GRAVE.jpg
    WAR GRAVE.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 550
I cannot begin to imagine the grief felt by those loving parents, losing 2 Sons in one conflict, so far away from home. Sadly, not an uncommon occurence at the time. Thankfully my family fared better, with 3 brothers all coming home from each WW. The mental scars they lived with for the rest of their lives, is a different thing though.

Did a bit of research on this.

The unfortunate Corporal Frederick Thomas Cameron died of pneumonia. My guess is that he'd been evacuated from France and died in a nearby hospital. There are also 3 more war graves in this cemetery. I'm also guessing that this headstone was erected during the war, probably with funds sent by his parents in NZ, before they were standardised shortly after the war.

The other soldier mentioned on the grave, his brother H J Cameron is buried in Serre Rd Cemetery in the Somme region of France.

Mike

Only just read this...thank you.

Any other views on the tiger 1050. Am being offered a 2008 fully loaded one but have no experience with them - have had gsa, ktm adventure but dont go off road - just wonder how these fair up

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom